• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fatale anyone?

1,017 posts in this topic

Same here. Since I asked my LCS to carry them, they've been ordering plenty and they've been selling solid for each issue. Just a tad too many for #4 this time. I don't seem them lasting long as each time I go back I notice dwindling.

waiting for Branget to unleash the hounds with some 9.9 SS.

lol

On an odd tie in, I found out from Sean that he will be selling his WD variant cover through Mark and it will be a blind auction. I am dying to see that cover.

I'm surprised at how hot this title is. It's nice to see Brubaker and Phillips getting the attention they deserve, but I am a bit mystified that this series has generated a level of excitement far surpassing Criminal and Icognito.

I'm along for the ride, though I have to say I'm a much bigger fan of Criminal. Maybe it's a personal preference for crime comics, but so far I've found Fatale's free-ranging hyper-pulp storyline harder to engage in. I'd also have thought that Incognito's dark take on the superhero mythos would have resonated more with comic fandom, which despite the success of non-costumed hero titles in recent years, still seems to have a strong bias towards superhero comics.

Don't get me wrong, I still look forward to each new issue of Fatale. Brubaker is one of the finest writers in comics, even if he does sometimes spread himself thin. I'm just hoping for another Criminal story arc once he's done with Fatale.