• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fatale anyone?

1,017 posts in this topic

:(

Well the ending of Fatale has been announced at Image Expo:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/01/09/ed-brubaker-and-sean-phillips-sign-a-five-year-deal-with-image-comics-and-announce-fade-out/

"The first project on this new deal for the award-winning creators is THE FADE OUT, debuting this summer, following the conclusion of FATALE with issue #24."

I'm still really enjoying this book, I don't want it to end just yet.

There is still a fair bit to wrap up in what, 5 remaining issues.

All good things must come to an end :) remember this was only supposed to be 12 issues and we got double that! Will be great to have two deluxe hardcovers on the shelf with everything (or 3). I believe the first deluxe is in this months previews.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/01/09/ed-brubaker-and-sean-phillips-sign-a-five-year-deal-with-image-comics-and-announce-fade-out/

"The first project on this new deal for the award-winning creators is THE FADE OUT, debuting this summer, following the conclusion of FATALE with issue #24."

not bad at all. all stories have to end. I'd rather see it end it well than drag it out became something I hate.

I'm bummed it's ending but 5 years with Brubaker and Philips on creator owned work with Image is a pleasant

exchange.

i hope CBT is ok :(

:) , thanks for the love TBP. I am a-ok, as others said, it's already a doubling of what we were originally going to get. As long as books arent cut off in the middle, I never mind them ending. It's part of the landscape when collecting things outside of the big 2.

MOAR is always better, but if the story is told the way Brubaker intended and not short-changed, then there is nothing wrong with that.

I'm bummed it's ending but 5 years with Brubaker and Philips on creator owned work with Image is a pleasant

exchange.

+1 I have loved riding along with this winding tale.

exchange.

+1 I have loved riding along with this winding tale.

I'm sad it's coming to an end, too. But better it end with readers wanting more, than fading into mediocrity.

I should clarify that I don't see it as an "end", per se. I see FATALE as another chapter in the Brubaker/Phillips collaboration. Brubaker also announced that all his previous ICON titles (CRIMINAL, INCOGNITO) would be migrating to Image. I imagine there will be some uniformity in the trade dress for the TPBs/collections, to link all the various titles under the "Brubaker/Phillips" umbrella. Thus, each title will remain relevant to new readers/fans of Brubaker/Phillips, even if they've "ended".