• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fatale anyone?

1,017 posts in this topic

So does anyone else feel like this book has lost steam? I recently dropped it because I just didn't see where it was going. It has that feel of too many questions without enough answers.

If books weren't $3.99 these days I'd probably still be pulling it, but my list got away from me. I'd really like to see these guys do another Sleeper volume or Criminal story.

I'll admit that I'm about 4-5 books behind in reading it. It is something I like to read in bunches, and benefits from that. I can't disagree that it feels a bit murky because of the unresolved questions that linger. I still like the book though.

I'll admit that I'm about 4-5 books behind in reading it. It is something I like to read in bunches, and benefits from that. I can't disagree that it feels a bit murky because of the unresolved questions that linger. I still like the book though.

Yea I do think it would make for better trade reading. Sometimes the books that are a bit confusing are too much for a massive pull list. It makes it hard to follow from month to month and remember exactly what happened. It is why sometimes I really love the recap page on certain books.

its an amazing series, but i do agree, while the one shots are great to read, they have caused the story to stall ever so slightly. I think EACH one shot could have been its own mini series, or spin off book, and i hope he does that some day.

Love this story, the characters, and the world.

This may be my favorite cover of the series so far after the Beast version of #1:

Fatale14.jpg

Phillips has been producing some of the best covers out there. This one is a superb example. I also love #1, 4,8 and 12.

Brubaker needs to finish Criminal and Incognito first.

Are those books that need finishing? And I didn't think the second volume of Incognito was nearly as good as the first.

Brubaker had an arc that he'd written before last of the innocent, but delayed it because his father's death inspired last of the innocent and he wanted to do that instead.

I love Fatale, but criminal is, in my opinion, brubaker's best work. I would love to see more.