• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WonderCon 2012 March 16-18

102 posts in this topic

Was really disappointed with the Marvel booth. It was small and there wasn't much to it other than Cap's shield which you could hold and take a picture. That's it...

DC was a little better. Their booth was bigger and there were a number of writers and artists signing. And they had some giveaways unlike those guys at Marvel.

I did see a lot of vintage comic book booths, but I couldn't find what I wanted since there were only a handful of modern comic book booths. Need those Justice League Sketch Comics to get signed by Jim Lee...

Also, worked with CGC to get some items signed. Per their new process, you have to go with a CGC rep, then go the comic artists/writer/whatever to get books signed. Before you could just drop them off and be on your merry way. Oh well.... At least, it gave me some face time with Greg Horn, J. Scott Campbell, and Humberto Ramos.

Met Max Brooks of World War Z and he signed a a book for me as well as a program for a friend of mine.

Can't wait to tomorrow!

Had a wonderful time, even took a break outside with Steve B. and Matt N.

Didn't buy a thing though. Nothing caught my eye save for the girl's volleyball tournament next door. Brutal what those poor girls have to go through. Next year they should have the WonderCon and the volleyball competitions in the same hall.

I truly believe that's how it should be.

Made it all the way to the convention center, then had massive car trouble, so I'm back at home. :frustrated:

Have fun, guys! :hi:

This makes me sad :cry:

What was on your list?

Golden Age Joker covers and slabbed early Legion appearances.

Fun show yesterday. Walked in and met Scentaur at A1 who checked out Busted Flush's Detective 35 (actually everyone was checking that out.) Off to High Grade comics on an elusive search for Matt. Ran into Spiderman on Tilt working the booth there. Then stopped at CGC to drop off some fodder for slabbing.Two booths down we had a quick chat wtih Oakman who had some rarities on hand. Ran into Mr. Borock who helped us hook up with Mr. Nelson. In the meantime Busted Flush and Terry traded witticisms about the Tec '35.

There were some fun books at the show; nothing for me though. Probably my favorite book was a beautiful copy of Shock Illustrated #3 across from Graham Crackers booth. Good times, I hope they consider doing more shows in Anaheim.

WonderWoman82.jpg

I attended Wonder Con today. Forgot my camera. Heck, I got up at 4:15 this morning for the 75 mile trek. I'm lucky I remember my house keys, wallett and books to be submitted to CGC. But I bought this book that's been on my want list for quite some time:

leaving SUN AM to get there when they open with the family. Stopping by CGC to get me some SS then off to the races looking for my obscure stuff. FYI - no one brings any Bond stuff to cons even SC 43 I can't find. Always looking for a SC 43 9.2 or higher (looking to upgrade the 9.0 I have). I wear a THOR hat. Can't miss me. I SAY THEE NAY!!!!

Had a great time at the show with my friends. The rain was pouring hard throughout most of the day. I didn't pick up a single book, but I did manage to buy a Batman Play Arts figure. I've always wanted it ever since I saw it online. Heard about the big sale Harley did with a Batman #1..

You should probably start checking today and tomorrow. Oddly enough I called to check on an order dated 3/21 this morning and he said that was the day they got in all the WonderCon books and that they were working on them today....

You should probably start checking today and tomorrow. Oddly enough I called to check on an order dated 3/21 this morning and he said that was the day they got in all the WonderCon books and that they were working on them today....
:wishluck: