• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official January 2012 ComicLink Focused auction thread

126 posts in this topic

Got the two I was going after. It felt weird buying a book again as I was on a 2 year sabbatical from buying. Both were replacements for books that I had sold and wanted to own again. I don't like to post books until they are in hand, a superstition as it were. I will say this...one was a Silver 9.4 White that replaces a 9.2 OW, and the other is a Bronze 9.6 White that replaces a 9.2 OW/W. :)

Picked up a few lower grade Peds...

RAD525F42012110_74715.jpgRADB254920111122_12315.jpg

Nice.

Did not turn out to be the quiet auction I had hoped for....a lot of my garbage bids held up and I have a lot of nice new books to pay for, and that's with missing out on the first six or seven pages of the auction last night (that JIM # 109 went for a steal!). Lots of bargains to be had if you were picky. Not the normal strong surge of buying we traditionally have seen after the holiday season.

George --

What did you grab? I got only one book -- the Twin Cities FF #18, which will serve my run nicely until I rob a bank and can afford something like the Curator copy...

Dan

Got some nice TTAs for my 60-80 run in 9.4 for well under previous GPA sales, plus a bunch of miscellaneous books.

Picked up a few lower grade Peds...

RAD525F42012110_74715.jpgRADB254920111122_12315.jpg

Nice.

Did not turn out to be the quiet auction I had hoped for....a lot of my garbage bids held up and I have a lot of nice new books to pay for, and that's with missing out on the first six or seven pages of the auction last night (that JIM # 109 went for a steal!). Lots of bargains to be had if you were picky. Not the normal strong surge of buying we traditionally have seen after the holiday season.

The JIM 109 was going to be the last book I was going to go for but I got hung up on a business call that stretched right through the bid ending... :frustrated: