• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buzzy 70

223 posts in this topic

Shield, off these very boards, has found me a Buzzy 70.

With a little help from Scott Carmody.

He will not accept a penny for it.

Not even for shipping.

He INSISTS on giving it to me for free as his contribution to my quest.

Having struggled so hard to complete my collection, the one book that everyone said would be the last one, the one book that someone else is hoarding two copies and wouldn't sell one to me, the one book that someone even made into an April Fool to get me to bid on it as a joke, THIS ONE BOOK IS BEING GIVEN TO ME FREE OF CHARGE.

How can I begin to say thankyou to him ???

He won't even accept any trades.

I am so moved by his generosity that I don't know what to say.

Except to publicly say how utterly grateful and appreciative I am.

Saint Shield.

THANKYOU SO MUCH.

I don't know what else to say.............

sleeping.gif

After what Shield did, and his kindness, I'm sorry but I personally cannot help but think you're well out of order to be so dismissive publicly. Why would you want to be so hurtful ?????

why would you start another thread concerning this? perhaps because you believe everything that happens in the world revolves around you. Your methods in the past are abhorrent to say the least, that is why I for one am sick of hearing about your quest. I seriously hope you complete it so that all of this will go away.

Great job fleecing another person to fulfill your selfish ends. thumbsup2.gif

Congrats to Shield for his generosity, and congrats to you for locating what WAS considered the hardest to find comic on your list.

We should start a pool on what will actually be the last issue located.

Great job fleecing another person to fulfill your selfish ends.

You are truly horrible, and I won't allow you to ruin my appreciation and enjoyment of what happened.

GO AWAY.

27_laughing.gif pathetic

why would you start another thread concerning this? perhaps because you believe everything that happens in the world revolves around you. Your methods in the past are abhorrent to say the least, that is why I for one am sick of hearing about your quest. I seriously hope you complete it so that all of this will go away.

This is WAY OUT OF LINE. I don't see anybody coercing anyone in this situation.

Just because Shield doesn't want direct monetary compensation doesn't mean that he won't get compensation in some form or another, karmic or otherwise.

This is WAY OUT OF LINE. I don't see anybody coercing anyone in this situation.

Just because Shield doesn't want direct monetary compensation doesn't mean that he won't get compensation in some form or another, karmic or otherwise.

I don't have a problem with Shield, from what I have read of his posts he is a stand-up guy.

I didn't get fleeced. Ian was adamant amount reimbursing me for it, I was more adamant about not accepting anything for it. Had I sold a freaking 8 dollar book for 600 dollars to IAN, like dealers that charge thousands over guide for books for him, I'd be no better than them.

There's a thing called Karma in this world, and I believe in what comes around goes around. Seriously deathlok, if you were THAT close to having every DC from 1935-current you wouldn't come on here and talk about it?

I didn't get fleeced. Ian was adamant amount reimbursing me for it, I was more adamant about not accepting anything for it. Had I sold a freaking 8 dollar book for 600 dollars to IAN, like dealers that charge thousands over guide for books for him, I'd be no better than them.

There's a thing called Karma in this world, and I believe in what comes around goes around. Seriously deathlok, if you were THAT close to having every DC from 1935-current you wouldn't come on here and talk about it?

Seriously Shield I would never be as obnoxious as Ian is, no matter how much I wanted to compelete any sort of collection. Nor do I relate every thread into an event in my life. Nor do I annoy dealers/collectors to sell to me and me only.

As I said above, what you are doing is great, the person you are doing it for is questionable.

Your post in response to Ian was pretty obnoxious wouldn't you say? I got ticked having been an avid collector watching everyone take advantage of IAN, especially the LARGE dealer(s), that I told myself I was going to help him out.

yea Shield!!!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Shield, off these very boards, has found me a Buzzy 70.

With a little help from Scott Carmody.

He will not accept a penny for it.

Not even for shipping.

He INSISTS on giving it to me for free as his contribution to my quest.

Having struggled so hard to complete my collection, the one book that everyone said would be the last one, the one book that someone else is hoarding two copies and wouldn't sell one to me, the one book that someone even made into an April Fool to get me to bid on it as a joke, THIS ONE BOOK IS BEING GIVEN TO ME FREE OF CHARGE.

How can I begin to say thankyou to him ???

He won't even accept any trades.

I am so moved by his generosity that I don't know what to say.

Except to publicly say how utterly grateful and appreciative I am.

Saint Shield.

THANKYOU SO MUCH.

I don't know what else to say.............

Your post in response to Ian was pretty obnoxious wouldn't you say? I got ticked having been an avid collector watching everyone take advantage of IAN, especially the LARGE dealer(s), that I told myself I was going to help him out.

Ummm....it was meant to be. Why do you think the large dealers attempt to take advantage of Ian? I have spoken with two of them and they don't think very highly of Ian's methods either.

Ummm....it was meant to be. Why do you think the large dealers attempt to take advantage of Ian? I have spoken with two of them and they don't think very highly of Ian's methods either.

Yeah, those poor little comic dealers, it must be rough taking X amount over guide for a very early second edition of a title for eight thousand dollars. Boo hoo.

Wake up, deathlok. Ian is a dealer's wet dream. He's willing to pay unheard of prices for books and doesn't ask or care about grade. Use your head.

Yeah, those poor little comic dealers, it must be rough taking X amount over guide for a very early second edition of a title for eight thousand dollars. Boo hoo.

Wake up, deathlok. Ian is a dealer's wet dream. He's willing to pay unheard of prices for books and doesn't ask or care about grade. Use your head.

Ummm...Ian does care about grade and he does care about the price. you should wake up chump. I guess it's money you will never see anyway. 27_laughing.gif