• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buzzy 70

223 posts in this topic

Trailer Park? How easily you make assumptions. How can you even attempt to try to define where I live? You know nothing about me. How utterly shocking that you can even suggest to profile me in this manner. You do a serious disservice to yourself by alluding to this travesty of sleuthism.

BTW how did you guess correctly? confused-smiley-013.gif

It was easy. The slope of your brow, the red of your neck, the dull sheen of your eye... those qualities, coupled with your constant lobbying for sibling marriage and lamentations of toothlessness, provided me with ample evidence with which to arrive at my conclusion.

BTW, what's it like to live without a spine? Uncomfortable, I should think.

Trailer Park? How easily you make assumptions. How can you even attempt to try to define where I live? You know nothing about me. How utterly shocking that you can even suggest to profile me in this manner. You do a serious disservice to yourself by alluding to this travesty of sleuthism.

It was easy. The slope of your brow, the red of your neck, the dull sheen of your eye... those qualities, coupled with your constant lobbying for sibling marriage and lamentations of toothlessness, provided me with ample evidence with which to arrive at my conclusion.

damn that dominant gene of yours, must you infect everyone with it. 893frustrated.gif

What an amazing development this is! There are probably quite a few collectors around the country looking for this comic knowing that they can sell it for lots of $$ and it is found by one who wants nothing for it. 893whatthe.gif This is one of the things that makes this hobby great... you never know what comic will turn up tomorrow.

Kudos to you Shield for helping a fellow collector to complete a truly remarkable collecting feat. It would have been easy to take advantage of this situation but you are obviously someone of great character. I salute you!

Good Luck Ian!

Metarog has also found me comics off my wants list and refused payment for them.

In turn, I sent him boxes of spares to thank his generosity, which far outvalued any payment he could have asked.

Because I respect those collectors who try to help rather than fleece, so I would rather be more generous to them, even if they ask for nothing.

There was already a thread in progress started by Shield for Ian's benefit. Ian, in his own ego-centric way had to start another thread proclamation. This is the type of behaviour that makes Ian annoying.

Now you see........ here you have NO idea what went on.

Shield e-mailed me. I hadn't been on the boards for about five hours.

I phoned him back to the phone number he mailed to me.

He told me about the Buzzy.

I rushed on to the CGC forum to start a thread about it to thank him.

Then and only then did I see that earlier on, Shield had, unknown to me, started a thread trying to reach me.

By which time, I had already thanked him, thinking no-one else on the boards knew anything about it.

What a negative sourpuss you've been, old chap.

Deathlok, BABY, come back to us! What the...... confused-smiley-013.gif

As you may recall, I went to the mat for you when you were having your Wyatt Earp - shipping altercation, because I thought you had a real case on that one, so I hope you understand where I am coming from.

Death, you got no case on this one....

Basically, absolutely, you are welcome to your opinion about Ian, and you obviously have your reasons......

but the way you sliced and diced him immediately after his initial post was an incredibly low blow. You have left me scratching my head. Hey, I know the boards have been quiet, but do we need this? Just gotta' be straight with you.

And congrats to Ian, major kudos to Shield. Guess I can retire the milk cartoon.

milk.jpg

Your post in response to Ian was pretty obnoxious wouldn't you say? I got ticked having been an avid collector watching everyone take advantage of IAN, especially the LARGE dealer(s), that I told myself I was going to help him out.

Ummm....it was meant to be. Why do you think the large dealers attempt to take advantage of Ian? I have spoken with two of them and they don't think very highly of Ian's methods either.

Wow...I doubt most collectors think very highly of dealers...big deal..they have 2 very different objectives....most dont think very highly of most ...Wow you must be some sort of supergenius to figure that one out...good for Ian and good for Sheild...there are atleast 3 good people still left in the hobby...

Well.. if this was your first post here....

why would you start another thread concerning this? perhaps because you believe everything that happens in the world revolves around you. Your methods in the past are abhorrent to say the least, that is why I for one am sick of hearing about your quest. I seriously hope you complete it so that all of this will go away.

Great job fleecing another person to fulfill your selfish ends. thumbsup2.gif

And then after countless people telling you your original post was out of line..

I just saw you back peddle over the rest of the thread.

I am not the one who was first in line on this thread to blast away at Ian, and his story..you were

It seems that you dont like him, or agree with how he went about getting his comics.

Which is your want..

I personally would have just voiced my opinion in a different manner, let alone try and ruin a feel good thread with a sleeping.gif , and verbal atack.

again, not once in my initial thread did I say that Shield was a schmuck for giving Ian the book. I know it's difficult to comprehend the English language. There was already a thread in progress started by Shield for Ian's benefit. Ian, in his own ego-centric way had to start another thread proclamation. This is the type of behaviour that makes Ian annoying. It's easy to say, "oh just ignore it if you don't like it." However it clogs up many other threads I do enjoy reading. I know I am once again coming off as the bad guy for voicing my opinion, but as everyone is entitled to their own, I choose to voice mine. I know you don't like it, move on. 893censored-thumb.gif

Honestly? This single thread is "Clogging up" the other threads....but the 20 or so "Oh my God" threads from the other day were fine? I dont remember seeing you get onto those guys for clogging things up...this is sad....someone else said it, but here it is again....the good, the bad, and the ugly....

Please dont refer to this guy as a "redneck"....you're giving all of us good ole boys a bad name.....

Not directed at DawgPhan, you just happen to have the last post.

Not really sure what is going on here, but I would like to say congratulations to Ian for being one step closer to the ultimate DC collection.

In addition, a big round of applause to Shield and Archie for helping out a fellow collector. Even if you do not get paid back through karma, money, or respect the feeling of helping someone is an incredible thing.

Its a hobby about comics, and it should always be about the comics.

Just my .02

I agree 100%. Congrats to Ian, ArchieFan, and Shield. I don't know what we'll do now without Buzzy 70 to use as the personification of Ian's quest....

I'm meeting Scott (ArchieFan) for lunch today, and in his PM to me yesterday he mentioned that he found a Buzzy 70. Without seeing these threads, I thought he was kidding. I guess not! His and Shield's donation of the book to Ian's cause deserves all the public kudos it's receiving. Just a tremendous act of kindness. 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

And let me also join in with the legions of other posters to give Deathlok a big thumbs down for his mean, spiteful, inappropriate, hateful trolling. And if that "abortion" comment he made doesn't warrant a Strike, I don't know what would. Just horribly classless.

And let me also join in with the legions of other posters to give Deathlok a big thumbs down for his mean, spiteful, inappropriate, hateful trolling. And if that "abortion" comment he made doesn't warrant a Strike, I don't know what would. Just horribly classless.

I couldn't agree more, Deathlok's attack on Ian in this thread has been one of the worst I have seen in two years of posting here. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Congrats to all concerned for a deal that exemplifies all that is good in our hobby. A great story, thanks Ian & Shield for sharing. thumbsup2.gif

why would you start another thread concerning this? perhaps because you believe everything that happens in the world revolves around you. Your methods in the past are abhorrent to say the least, that is why I for one am sick of hearing about your quest. I seriously hope you complete it so that all of this will go away.

Great job fleecing another person to fulfill your selfish ends. thumbsup2.gif

This thread has been rated H by the CCC (Comic Collecting Community.

hater.jpg