• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buzzy 70

223 posts in this topic

news.gifShield...what you and Scott have done may not net you big bucks like many people thought a Buzzy #70 would...but it does make you guys part of comic book history once Ian has concluded his quest....which in my estimation is priceless... thumbsup2.gif

Deathlok: this is one of those times when you probably should have just left it alone. Your antipathy toward Ian, and your reasons for your feelings are quite well known. I don't see the point in taking *every* opportunity to present them again...?

What is Ian's "method" in this particular instance? To somehow coerce or otherwise motivate other board members to hand over copies of the few remaining books he's looking for? To draw attention to his quest? Did he even mention the actual quest in his first post to this thread? I think you're outta line on this one.

Shield: Nicely done, a very generous gesture that I'm sure Deathlok isn't the only person upon whom such a move is lost. There are many, many people who would look upon such an opportunity as "money in the bank," knowing full well that there's only one person in the world who would pay more than $10 for that book, and that one person wants it dearly. You will be kharmically (sp?) reimbursed for this, I have no doubt.

Ian, congrats on one more hurdle overcome! When the collection is complete, and it tours the states, we'll all expect free passes to the Smithsonian or wherever it resides during its visit laugh.gif

Shield...what you and Scott have done may not net you big bucks like many people thought a Buzzy #70 would...but it does make you guys part of comic book history once Ian has concluded his quest....which in my estimation is priceless...

I'm so glad you said this, and I'm proud of you for saying it.

Deathlok: this is one of those times when you probably should have just left it alone. Your antipathy toward Ian, and your reasons for your feelings are quite well known.

But I don't actually know Deathlok and I have NO IDEA why he hates me like this. No idea at all.

Ummm...Ian does care about grade and he does care about the price. you should wake up chump. I guess it's money you will never see anyway. 27_laughing.gif

Two things, dumblok. First, money isn't everything. Second, do you really think Ian asked me what grade that book was in when I spoke to him earlier? I can see it for the key books, but a Buzzy 70 is a book you acquire to fill in a hole, and any copy will do that has a cover.

I'm still patiently waiting to hear your rebuttle on how awful Ian is for dealers to have to put up with. Can't wait for it! thumbsup2.gif

Not that I'm taking sides in this potential FLAME WAR .....but why does everyone feel the need to come to IAN's aid?

Deathlok may have been "OUT OF LINE", but I'd like to think that IAN can handle such comments on his own.

BTW- Kudos to the altruists, and a congrats to Mr.Levine for finally getting his BUZZY 70. thumbsup2.gif

Congrats Ian, and bravo to Shield for a very generous gesture. Some people can't help but let their jealousy get the better of them, and run you down, but don't listen to them.

So, do you have a list of what other books you need? Let's take a poll to see what the last book you'll need will be.

Shield, off these very boards, has found me a Buzzy 70.

With a little help from Scott Carmody.

He will not accept a penny for it.

Not even for shipping.

He INSISTS on giving it to me for free as his contribution to my quest.

Having struggled so hard to complete my collection, the one book that everyone said would be the last one, the one book that someone else is hoarding two copies and wouldn't sell one to me, the one book that someone even made into an April Fool to get me to bid on it as a joke, THIS ONE BOOK IS BEING GIVEN TO ME FREE OF CHARGE.

How can I begin to say thankyou to him ???

He won't even accept any trades.

I am so moved by his generosity that I don't know what to say.

Except to publicly say how utterly grateful and appreciative I am.

Saint Shield.

THANKYOU SO MUCH.

I don't know what else to say.............

Despite our past "transgressions", I am genuinely happy for you Ian. Congrats! thumbsup2.gif

Ummm...Ian does care about grade and he does care about the price. you should wake up chump. I guess it's money you will never see anyway. 27_laughing.gif

Two things, dumblok. First, money isn't everything. Second, do you really think Ian asked me what grade that book was in when I spoke to him earlier? I can see it for the key books, but a Buzzy 70 is a book you acquire to fill in a hole, and any copy will do that has a cover.

I'm still patiently waiting to hear your rebuttle on how awful Ian is for dealers to have to put up with. Can't wait for it! thumbsup2.gif

No money isn't everything. Ian has said several times that he won't pay crazy money for a book, in fact he would pay what was reasonable. I have no idea if he inquired as to the condition of the book, and don't really care.

my rebuttle? to what question? As I said Shield I think you are being very generous and will be rewarded for your generosity.

I don't know Ian personally, just from his postings on this board, the two dealers I spoke with, and several board members.

Deathlok may have been "OUT OF LINE", but I'd like to think that IAN can handle such comments on his own.

Deathlok's comments were out of line and Ian did handle it with a lot of class. Now, so I don't get on Deathlok's "hate" list, other than that he's an ok guy. grin.gif

Deathlok's comments were out of line and Ian did handle it with a lot of class. Now, so I don't get on Deathlok's "hate" list, other than that he's an ok guy. grin.gif

flowerred.gif

So, do you have a list of what other books you need? Let's take a poll to see what the last book you'll need will be.

Here it is. Seven apart from the promos and giveaways.

THE 7 DC COMICS TO COMPLETE THE FULL SET

NEW ADVENTURE COMICS - 22, 26, 27

THE BIG BOOK OF FUN COMICS - 1

DETECTIVE COMICS - 3, 4

LEADING SCREEN - 68

Here it is. Seven apart from the promos and giveaways.

THE 7 DC COMICS TO COMPLETE THE FULL SET

NEW ADVENTURE COMICS - 22, 26, 27

THE BIG BOOK OF FUN COMICS - 1

DETECTIVE COMICS - 3, 4

LEADING SCREEN - 68

Sorry, I don't have any of those...

I'm going to put my bet on Leading Screen 68 as the last one to find...

I wasn't coming to Ian's aid . Unless you call congradulating Shield as coming to his aid.

Not that I'm taking sides in this potential FLAME WAR .....but why does everyone feel the need to come to IAN's aid?

BTW- Kudos to the altruists, and a congrats to Mr.Levine for finally getting his BUZZY 70. thumbsup2.gif

I'm going to put my bet on Leading Screen 68 as the last one to find...

My bet is The Big Book Of Fun Comics, which I think will not only be the last one, but will stay there for years preventing me from completing by one comic.