• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buzzy 70

223 posts in this topic

What a thing to see this morning. Kudos to Shield and Archiefan. You guys are awesome. With one simple act, you have reminded me of the better half of this hobby.

Brilliant.

I agree 100%. Congrats to Ian, ArchieFan, and Shield. I don't know what we'll do now without Buzzy 70 to use as the personification of Ian's quest....

I'm meeting Scott (ArchieFan) for lunch today, and in his PM to me yesterday he mentioned that he found a Buzzy 70. Without seeing these threads, I thought he was kidding. I guess not! His and Shield's donation of the book to Ian's cause deserves all the public kudos it's receiving. Just a tremendous act of kindness. 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

And let me also join in with the legions of other posters to give Deathlok a big thumbs down for his mean, spiteful, inappropriate, hateful trolling. And if that "abortion" comment he made doesn't warrant a Strike, I don't know what would. Just horribly classless.

Exactly!!! This post sums it up wonderfully 893applaud-thumb.gif

Guess I can retire the milk cartoon.

Just put the The Big Book on it....

Oh yes yes

Put the Big Book Of Fun Comics on the milk carton.

Got milk ???????

How about an all natural protein shake? crazy.gif

Shield, off these very boards, has found me a Buzzy 70.

With a little help from Scott Carmody.

He will not accept a penny for it.

Not even for shipping.

He INSISTS on giving it to me for free as his contribution to my quest.

i'll be the first to admit my dismissive attitude in the past towards your quest, but I don't believe it was ever in poor taste. and as petty as it may have seemed, i guess it had more to do with the fact that i'm more adverse to redundancy, and not at all envious that your coming closer to completing a goal. but it is downright pathetic to see asswipes like this deathlok character try to derail your good intentions.

it's good to hear about stories like this, and if the book meant that much to your quest, maybe you can donate the money you would have paid for the book towards a worthwhile charity or cause.

Shield, off these very boards, has found me a Buzzy 70.

With a little help from Scott Carmody.

He will not accept a penny for it.

Not even for shipping.

He INSISTS on giving it to me for free as his contribution to my quest.

i'll be the first to admit my dismissive attitude in the past towards your quest, but I don't believe it was ever in poor taste. and as petty as it may have seemed, i guess it had more to do with the fact that i'm more adverse to redundancy, and not at all envious that your coming closer to completing a goal. but it is downright pathetic to see asswipes like this deathlok character try to derail your good intentions.

it's good to hear about stories like this, and if the book meant that much to your quest, maybe you can donate the money you would have paid for the book towards a worthwhile charity or cause.

popcorn.gif

Death, did that Devil Doll really go to your head? What's the story?
480400-tikidoll2.jpg

Sometimes you get tired of someones [!@#%^&^] and have to say something. It's too bad others feel they have to chime in, but they have their own opinion. What Shield did was very generous and should be congratulated as well as the the other person involved. My opinion of Ian is based upon his posting style, which as I mentioned matches his personality. Granted he may be a nice guy, but the way he comes across is very displeasing to me. I wish him all the luck in the world in finishing his quest, but the way he acts should be admonished. IMO

I appreciate the clarification Lok. Again, you have a total right to your opinion,... it was just the harshness with which it was unleashed that caught a bunch of us by surprise.

Just watch out for those Devil Dolls. They'll bite you in the asss every time! foreheadslap.gif

I appreciate the clarification Lok. Again, you have a total right to your opinion,... it was just the harshness with which it was unleashed that caught a bunch of us by surprise.

Just watch out for those Devil Dolls. They'll bite you in the asss every time! foreheadslap.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Death, did that Devil Doll really go to your head? What's the story?
480400-tikidoll2.jpg

Sometimes you get tired of someones [!@#%^&^] and have to say something. It's too bad others feel they have to chime in, but they have their own opinion. What Shield did was very generous and should be congratulated as well as the the other person involved. My opinion of Ian is based upon his posting style, which as I mentioned matches his personality. Granted he may be a nice guy, but the way he comes across is very displeasing to me. I wish him all the luck in the world in finishing his quest, but the way he acts should be admonished. IMO

Amen 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

What I can't understand is I read the same posts by Ian and I'm not "offended" by them. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Neither am I.

Me neither. He can be a little irritating when he goes on and on about being taken advantage of, but all in all he seems like a good guy and I want to see him finish his quest.

If he irritates you so much Deathlok, then I would greatly advise you to use the IGNORE THIS USER function. It will save your sanity, and we won't have to listen to a flame war erupt whenever a good deed is done thumbsup2.gif