• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buzzy 70

223 posts in this topic

HOLY [!@#%^&^]!!!!

893whatthe.gif

Reading this thread.....you would think that DL just beat up an old lady, and kicked her husband in the nuts.

How is DLs bashing of Ian...any worse than the bashing he is now recieving from this forum mob?

Because DL blasted Ian in a feel god thread totally unprovoked, in a self serving diatribe of filth.

And the "forum Mob" blasted him in response for his out of line actions.

Apple's and Orange's my friend.

The first was a premeditated personal attack. The second was to right a perceived wrong.

I followed this thread from the point it was posted, and completely understand why people are pissed off.

What I don't understand....is why everyone feels the need to resort to this kind of pre-meditated counter attack.

If DL had bashed me......would people feel the compulsion to RIGHT such a wrong?

HOLY [!@#%^&^]!!!!

893whatthe.gif

Reading this thread.....you would think that DL just beat up an old lady, and kicked her husband in the nuts.

How is DLs bashing of Ian...any worse than the bashing he is now recieving from this forum mob?

Because DL blasted Ian in a feel god thread totally unprovoked, in a self serving diatribe of filth.

The first was a premeditated personal attack. The second was to right a perceived wrong.

I followed this thread from the point it was posted, and completely understand why people are pissed off.

What I don't understand....is why everyone feels the need to resort to this kind of pre-meditated counter attack.

If DL had bashed me......would people feel the compulsion to RIGHT such a wrong?

flowerred.gif

If you had someone do something altruistic for you and you expressed gratitude in a thread, and were then attacked for it, I'd stick up for you. It's sort of like a Good Samaritan law... You've got to do the right thing when you see it.

(Not that you don't start a lot of threads in the first place...)

If you had someone do something altruistic for you and you expressed gratitude in a thread, and were then attacked for it, I'd stick up for you. It's sort of like a Good Samaritan law... You've got to do the right thing when you see it.

I understand what you're saying, and appreciate the sentiment....but I guess I just figured the victim could handle such attacks on his own.

Meaning? confused-smiley-013.gif

I understand what you're saying, and appreciate the sentiment....but I guess I just figured the victim could handle such attacks on his own.

If it were in a PM, that'd be fine. But it was a public attack. If you were being mugged though, would you want everyone standing around to just watch you get mugged?

One of the reasons given for the attack was that Ian started a new thread instead of posting in the old one. Clearly, Ian was writing his post while the other one was being created.

We should probably let this thread die, in any case.

If it were in a PM, that'd be fine. But it was a public attack. If you were being mugged though, would you want everyone standing around to just watch you get mugged?

One of the reasons given for the attack was that Ian started a new thread instead of posting in the old one. Clearly, Ian was writing his post while the other one was being created.

Before we do.....let's make one thing absolutely CLEAR :

Insults on an internet message board are in NO WAY comparable to a REAL-LIFE mugging!!!

Nuff said. flowerred.gif

Because DL blasted Ian in a feel good thread totally unprovoked, in a self serving diatribe of filth.

Bravo. Hear hear. THANKYOU.

Before we do.....let's make one thing absolutely CLEAR :

Insults on an internet message board are in NO WAY comparable to a REAL-LIFE mugging!!!

Nuff said. flowerred.gif

I hate you.

Now that I've got that out of the way, let me just say that DL earned every bit of hazing that he got on this thread. Ian did nothing more than acknowledge Shield's kindness. DL went and tried to be a Professional A-Hole and rip Ian for producing yet another "Ian" thread... and he stunk up the place.

DL sucks at being a jackaise. The sooner he realizes it, the sooner the rest of us won't have to put up with his random, often-juvenile attacks on other forumites.

But, for so long as he chooses to behave this way, he'd better be ready to accept the consequences.

sumo.gifdevil.gif

Because DL blasted Ian in a feel good thread totally unprovoked, in a self serving diatribe of filth.

STFU

STFU

See?

confused-smiley-013.gif I mean, I was very definitely fooled by the young DL. Here I thought he was a fun guy, a nice guy... and now I find out he's just like the rest of you gargantuan arseholes.

Congrats on getting one step closer to your goal, Ian!

And Shield, that's a helluva nice thing to do for a fellow collector.

This thread has taught me something.

Ninety five percent of the people on these boards are WONDERFUL and genuine people who really care and help each other. They make these boards a pleasure to read every day.

And guys like Metarog and Shield and Archiefan and Flying Donut have gone out of their way to be both supportive and helpful

Sadly, the remaining five percent ruin it for all the rest.

Congrats on getting one step closer to your goal, Ian!

And Shield, that's a helluva nice thing to do for a fellow collector.

This thread has taught me something.

Ninety five percent of the people on these boards are WONDERFUL and genuine people who really care and help each other. They make these boards a pleasure to read every day.

And guys like Metarog and Shield and Archiefan and Flying Donut have gone out of their way to be both supportive and helpful

Sadly, the remaining five percent ruin it for all the rest.

893scratchchin-thumb.gifsorry.gif

they only ruin it for totally self-absorbed bozos like you Ian. You know, if I had been online when Ian started this thread, I know I wouldve jibed you similarly for YET ANOTHER LOOK AT ME thread/post by the neediest one of us here. As it was pointed out, you could have easily given your sincere thanx in the existing thread w/o starting a new "Life of Ian" thread, as is your wont all the time.

To all of you who later jumped on DL: I didnt read DLs original post as such a mean personal attack. Does DL really have a reputation here as a "bad guy?" I guess I havent noticed as I dont read all the back and forth spitting matches all the time.... If so, then maybe his post was "that bad" to warrant three days and many pages of abuse back at him. (If I am "defending" a known troublemaker, forgive me...)

But lets all remember that as exciting and "noble" as Ians DC quest is, he has certainly shown himself to be a very grating presence here since he arrived touting himself and begging the entire community for help in completing HIS quest.....and has not always been such an upright citizen about it either. And he has been criticized and ridiculed far worse in that time, like when he originally posted how he was shafted by Vinnie....and we all rallied to his defense!!! Until Vinnie shared the REST of the story and we were no longer so sure who was the bad guy anymore.

And then it happened again....

and again.....

poor poor Ian.

so lets keep DLs first commment here in a little perspective shall we.

To all of you who later jumped on DL: I didnt read DLs original post as such a mean personal attack. Does DL really have a reputation here as a "bad guy?"

I would say he's trying as hard as he possibly can to develop a reputation like that... so consider this thread an intervention.