• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post your ACG collecting efforts here!

96 posts in this topic

Post your ACG collecting efforts here!

I'll start. Herbie collectors are very few and far between these days. Here are some of mine:

Northland copy

15-11-201174955PM.jpg

Northland copy

15-11-201174957PM.jpg

Northland copy

15-11-201175002PM.jpg

15-11-201175005PM.jpg

15-11-201175008PM.jpg

:cool:

Both books were raw from collection and submitted to CGC by me.

The #1 is a Northland. Once, I stupidly passed on the Curator copy of #1 but was given another chance with the Northland. Hepcat, I see you have the Northland 2,3,4 did you pass on the #1 ? I love issue #5 because I am a big Beatles fan...

001-14.jpg

ForbiddenWorlds.jpg I purchased this book at an LCS, Passport Comics, in North Hollywood, Calif. for just $35.00. I never heard of the title or the company, but the book had beautiful colors, full ink reflectivity and bone-white pages. An old collecting buddy of mine, an LAPD officer told me he thought it was the White Mountain copy, but he wasn't certain. BTW, the owner of Passport unfortuately passed away a few years ago. The store has been closed for over a decade. I used to go in there frequently to talk comics with the owner, his wife and other collectors. Anybody on these boards familiar with Passport on Victory Blvd in North Hollywood?

BTW the book is cover dated Jan. 1953 and there is a date stamp on the first page, Oct. 31, 1952.

These are my only 3 copies all purchased in 1964 by me...posted these in another thread yesteday, but hey...

Herbie2008.jpg

Herbie2008002.jpg

Herbie2008004.jpg

Wow! Your originals! They're in fabulous shape!

:o

Did all or most of the comics you bought in the sixties survive in similar condition?

???

Hepcat, I see you have the Northland 2,3,4 did you pass on the #1 ?

I know I passed on a couple Herbie Northlands at the Motor City Comics booth at the Motor City Comic Con thirteen or so years ago and I think #1 was among those. I didn't like the miswrap along the left edge.

(shrug)

Those are awesome copies! And you are right, I don't come across to many Herbie fans. Even the comics i never see. I've got a handful of the ACGs horror titles that ill take pics of post up here. I actually just posted one an hour or so ago.

100_3297.jpg

execelsior,

This is kind of neat. I happen to have the issue right after the one you posted. This also features the Magic man and a Gorilla. Shades of DC comics. :insane:

Forbidden_Worlds_132.jpg

Wow! Your originals! They're in fabulous shape!

:o

Did all or most of the comics you bought in the sixties survive in similar condition?

???

I started around 1957-1958 and stopped in 1964. I kinda hit the Jackpot insofar as what debuted during that time.

as one might expect, the post 60's books are far better than the pre 60's books.

Hundreds of my collection graded out at 8.0 and higher. Lot's of board members past and present have a Sid's luncheonette book or two in their collections.

I still have a ton left and a couple thousand of BA books that i purchased 7-10 years ago.

I enjoy seeing your HG esoteric books...keep 'em coming... (thumbs u

Oh, cool! So the Sid's Luncheonette comics were yours originally! I'm grateful for the existence of fellows like you who took care of your comics.

:applause:

My buddies always thought I was weird because I always used to shout at them not to fold my comics over because that wrecked them!

;)

I got these with the DC collection from MI. Wonder what the value is... hm

One way to do this, if you want an alternative to the old fashioned way of checking each book in the OPG. Setup an account with Nostomania, it's free. The site calculates values based on sales observed in E-Bay. There are a few known issues, however. :o

Space War (1959-1979) Collection value: $231.70

Issue List Quantity Value

26 VG 1 $7.70 Sell Delete

28 VF- 1 $224.00 Sell Delete

Issue 28 of Space war is not worth $224.