• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sid's Luncheonette?

101 posts in this topic

I have several questions:

1. Where was Sid's Luncheonette?

2. What was the food there like?

3. Is Sid's Luncheonette still there and open for business?

4. If so, does Sid's have a Kellogg's snack pack cereal display? Or a plug-in canned Campbell Soup heater?

5. Are there still 12 cent comics in the comic rack?

???

I've seen a couple Burntboy posts in the last week. I don't think he'd been on the Boards in quite a while prior to that.

I have several questions:

1. Where was Sid's Luncheonette?

2. What was the food there like?

3. Is Sid's Luncheonette still there and open for business?

4. If so, does Sid's have a Kellogg's snack pack cereal display? Or a plug-in canned Campbell Soup heater?

5. Are there still 12 cent comics in the comic rack?

???

Perhaps this COA that went out with all of my CGC'd books will help explain.

This is a single image that i used to print two copies at a time. RedHook (Former Board Member and Forensic Comic Investigator) made them up for me and if you look close you'll see he "ghosted" the Central Avenue" street sign on the back.

There was an image of the building Sid's occupied on the front of the COA but it was a Hair Salon when I went back to take pictures in 2004. (RedHook mocked it up to look like a Candy Store selling books).

Hope this helps - if i find a scan of the front of the COA I'll send it along...

burntcertificateback.jpg

Hope this helps - if i find a scan of the front of the COA I'll send it along...

[/img]

(thumbs u

scan0070.jpg

Thanks...You beat me to it!!!

And that TTA 59 was a BEAUTY... (thumbs u

It is by far my favorite comic that i have ever owned.

At one time, many of the scans( high res ) were posted for posterity on the www.tvcomics.com website. The books are mostly free from tanning with Off White or better pages. The colors are uniformly rich and the books are very supple. None were pressed and I wish I still had the half dozen or so I used to own. I've still got the FF 35 which is a 7.0, but looks 9.2 in the mylar....I doubt I'll ever sell it. The collection contained the obligatory deep Marvel runs from 1962- 1965, but is also very well represented by beautiful copies of most of the mainstream D.C.'s from that time period. If you see one, snap it up. Even the occasional mid grade example is exceptional.....Pedigree quality. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

At one time, many of the scans( high res ) were posted for posterity on the www.tvcomics.com website. The books are mostly free from tanning with Off White or better pages. The colors are uniformly rich and the books are very supple. None were pressed and I wish I still had the half dozen or so I used to own. I've still got the FF 35 which is a 7.0, but looks 9.2 in the mylar....I doubt I'll ever sell it. The collection contained the obligatory deep Marvel runs from 1962- 1965, but is also very well represented by beautiful copies of most of the mainstream D.C.'s from that time period. If you see one, snap it up. Even the occasional mid grade example is exceptional.....Pedigree quality. GOD BLESS...

Hi Jimbo!!!

Byron still has a Link on the site to the great job he did when we partnered up in NYC some years back. All the Marvels except for the Keys were there...I miss those babies... :( (But you can still see them).

Hi Jimbo!!!

Byron still has a Link on the site to the great job he did when we partnered up in NYC some years back. All the Marvels except for the Keys were there...I miss those babies... :( (But you can still see them).

I particularly miss the Avengers 4, ASM 6, and JIM 85. Did you decide to keep the rest of the raw copies. I love slabs as much as the next guy, but a raw Sid's Luncheonette is a true thing of beauty. Hope the move went well for you and it's great to see you back around these parts. GOD BLESS...

Love hearing the background to OO collections. Thanks Harry. Did you buy AF15 and FF1 from Sid's?

I actually bought the AF 15 THE SAME DAY as My JIM 83!!! around the first week of June 1962.

FF #1 came out 9 months earlier.

here are the 3 of them all from SID's;

FFs.jpg

JIM89004.jpg

amazingfantasy003.jpg