• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sid's Luncheonette?

101 posts in this topic

Sids Luncheonette, I bought 1, an early Sea Devils :cloud9:

I will always remember seeing Harry walking around NY with his Sid books in a metal briefcase.

Thinking he should have had then cuffed to his wrist.

That Avengers 4 looks so nice, I wonder why it got a 7.5?

It was later resubmitted and got a higher grade....don't know what, however. It may be the book I regret selling the most in my life. It was a beauty and should have gotten white pages also. Another regret was not getting the FF 3 ....a CGC 8.0. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

That Avengers 4 looks so nice, I wonder why it got a 7.5?

It was later resubmitted and got a higher grade....don't know what, however. It may be the book I regret selling the most in my life. It was a beauty and should have gotten white pages also. Another regret was not getting the FF 3 ....a CGC 8.0. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Too bad. At least you got to own it. Thank you for the info as well. I hope you can get your hands on something comparable to fill the void :)

Just. Plain. Awesome. Harry (worship)

-d

Love hearing the background to OO collections. Thanks Harry. Did you buy AF15 and FF1 from Sid's?

I actually bought the AF 15 THE SAME DAY as My JIM 83!!! around the first week of June 1962.

FF #1 came out 9 months earlier.

here are the 3 of them all from SID's;

FFs.jpg

JIM89004.jpg

amazingfantasy003.jpg

Just. Plain. Awesome. Harry (worship)

-d

Love hearing the background to OO collections. Thanks Harry. Did you buy AF15 and FF1 from Sid's?

I actually bought the AF 15 THE SAME DAY as My JIM 83!!! around the first week of June 1962.

FF #1 came out 9 months earlier.

here are the 3 of them all from SID's;

FFs.jpg

JIM89004.jpg

amazingfantasy003.jpg

Do you still own those 3 books Harry?

Sids Luncheonette, I bought 1, an early Sea Devils :cloud9:

I will always remember seeing Harry walking around NY with his Sid books in a metal briefcase.

Thinking he should have had then cuffed to his wrist.

KENNY: lol

I have pictures from the first time I brought the briefcase to Crazy Mike's show in the Penn Plaza. I had my picture taken with Mike, Basil Gogos and the only woman to be both a Charlies Angel and a Bond Girl (and Sheena).

We went out to lunch and passed around a briefcase full of SID's books over a table filled with BBQ :insane:

That briefcase is right here under my desk...ready to roll if the need ever arises ...

Here is one from the Sid's Luncheonette collection:

25qwrx0.jpg

Glad you enjoy it. Brad and I both had a great affinity for the MIS books... (thumbs u

I wasn't much of a MIS fan until Brad gave me the Sid's copy of MIS#79.

That book sat on a prominent shelf in the ole comic room for months, if not years, visible to all that entered.

The classic artwork grew on me day after day until such time as I longed for more.

That led to a back-and-forth dialogue with Brad and the eventual passing of another Sid's copy to a welcoming home...

MIS-84_8-0.jpg

Glad you enjoy it. Brad and I both had a great affinity for the MIS books... (thumbs u

I wasn't much of a MIS fan until Brad gave me the Sid's copy of MIS#79.

That book sat on a prominent shelf in the ole comic room for months, if not years, visible to all that entered.

The classic artwork grew on me day after day until such time as I longed for more.

That led to a back-a-forth dialogue with Brad and the eventual passing of other Sid's copy to a welcoming home...

MIS-84_8-0.jpg

Wow - another super bright book with great colors. Personally, I think those Infantino MIS's are some of the best DC covers ever... :cloud9: