• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LAS VEGAS COMIC EXPO - SEPTEMBER 29-30, 2012

275 posts in this topic

Silver-we're working on it, and your needs should be addressed shortly online. This isn't a matter of ignoring the wishes of collectors. In fact we're listening to these boards and doing our best in tailor the event closer to your wishes.

Joel- GREAT NEWS- More local shops will be announced too, vending at the show, and actively supporting the event. Keep checking the website!

Admissions- good news and more good news-

If you have already purchased your ticket to the Las Vegas Comic Expo, I have spoken with the staff on ccreating more free PERKS for those pre-buying, and coming through the door. Great gift items that will more than pay for your admission into the show.

And if you are a no frills type of person, i should let you know of a Groupon offer to entice you to come through the doors- http://www.groupon.com/deals/amazing-arizona-comic-con-1?c=button&pt=&sid=11251747&utm_content=all-deals_las-vegas&s=body&division=las-vegas&utm_source=newsletter&date=20120907&utm_medium=email&p=1&utm_campaign=amazing-arizona-comic-con-1&user=bfe0bf26e15ed01e53395835f6cec6dac28c35f3e43530f9fc713cd9e18ef206

In general though, the LAS VEGAS COMIC EXPO site should be loaded with more information on the show. We are tightening the panels, we are announcing more guests, and we are brining in more comic dealers, and more vintage.

Hope any and all of this helps-

Your pal-

Jimmy...

Silver-we're working on it, and your needs should be addressed shortly online. This isn't a matter of ignoring the wishes of collectors. In fact we're listening to these boards and doing our best in tailor the event closer to your wishes.

Joel- GREAT NEWS- More local shops will be announced too, vending at the show, and actively supporting the event. Keep checking the website!

Admissions- good news and more good news-

If you have already purchased your ticket to the Las Vegas Comic Expo, I have spoken with the staff on ccreating more free PERKS for those pre-buying, and coming through the door. Great gift items that will more than pay for your admission into the show.

And if you are a no frills type of person, i should let you know of a Groupon offer to entice you to come through the doors- http://www.groupon.com/deals/amazing-arizona-comic-con-1?c=button&pt=&sid=11251747&utm_content=all-deals_las-vegas&s=body&division=las-vegas&utm_source=newsletter&date=20120907&utm_medium=email&p=1&utm_campaign=amazing-arizona-comic-con-1&user=bfe0bf26e15ed01e53395835f6cec6dac28c35f3e43530f9fc713cd9e18ef206

In general though, the LAS VEGAS COMIC EXPO site should be loaded with more information on the show. We are tightening the panels, we are announcing more guests, and we are brining in more comic dealers, and more vintage.

Hope any and all of this helps-

Your pal-

Jimmy...

I just bought my Groupon, so I will see you there!

Baron- no worries- there's a great gift item for pre-registration.

Also, find me on the convention floor and I will buy you a beer, cocktail or coca-cola out of my own pocket ;)

Gift item for pre-regs you say!?? :whistle: Hoping it's a free pack of the Exclusive LVCE card set or $10 off the purchase price! That is a sweet looking card set.

I'm sure he wasn't the only one who pre ordered his tickets :baiting: What about having a boardie get together for drinks? And how many boardies plan on dressing up? I know that I'll be wearing my Green Lantern costume at least one of the days :headbang:

Glad to see over 300 people bought tix thru Group-on.

Who wants to take charge and organize a Forum get-together?

I'm in town Monday and Tuesday, then shooting down to Laughlin for a few days and will be back Saturday /Sunday for the show.

Dunno if you had a chance to see the the LAS VEGAS COMIC EXPO trading Cards/Playing Card set-

http://lasvegascomicexpo.com/exclusives/

Another exclusive available at Las Vegas Comic Expo. This time, it is the Las Vegas Comic Expo Playing Card set. This is a playable deck of cards, with the front images drawn by various guests for the show including Mike Mignola, Mark Brooks, Joe Benitez, EBAS, Nei Ruffino, Ale Garza, Peter Steigerald, Stephen Segovia, Carlo Pagulayan, Philip Tan, Chrissie Zullo, Cat Staggs, and many more.

BigDaddy-

As i mentioned in your DM, the VIP is a first class convention experience. You will receive a number of perks including early admission to the hall, as well priority seating to the panels and presentations. We are setting up additional signings and such as well.

All VIPs will receive a gift bag, which will include items such as ORIGINAL ART from the Guests, Exclusive Variant Comics, Trading Cards, and more.

Due to the extremely limited nature of the items in the gift bag, we re securing each of the items before specifically announcing. The gift bags should have a significant, if not academic, suggested value.

And as i mentioned in the DM-

More information is coming soon, and we should have a cost as well.

We are working to assign an option if you have received your ticket prior, or through other offers such the Free Admission/alexis Park ticket, etc that there is a way to "upgrade" the ticket you have already purchased.

I will be sure to keep this board posted.

thanks!

When all is said and done, I live in Las Vegas, so I will give the show support, but it's a major oversight to ignore the power of the vintage market. Okay, I am done repeating that for now lol

Well would having Harley Yee Rare Comics be a great addition to the show for those looking for Vintage Comics? If so then here you go guys. Great news is Harley will be joining us in Las Vegas.

Good news, indeed!

Can you walk me thru how to get books signed myself, but witnessed and submitted for Signature Series status, or can't it be done? Got my eye on a few Len Wein books.

You have a choice. You can either simply drop off the books at the DWC booth and we will get them all signed for you.

Or you can come to the DWC booth to get a witness to walk with you. We are actually looking at setting up a texting number for you to text us when you are in line and ready to have a witness come to you. That is being worked on right now and we hope to have that feature ready to use for the first time at LVCE.

Once signed you will have the choice to submit under the DWC account or pay a witnessing fee and submit under your own CS account.

Stop by the DWC booth first thing on Saturday morning to get all of the details.

CHandler-thanks for jumping in on this one ;)

Hey Jimmy. I am so looking forward to this show. It has been way too long not having a Comic Book show in Las Vegas. So I am going to do whatever I can to make it a great exzperience for everyone. DWC will have a full team onsite to help everyone get their books witnessed and we will be accepting all CGC submissions for this show. It should be really exciting having such a great creator line up coming to our little spot in the desert. Charles has worked so hard to make this a reality. I know there are some more announcements coming up and I am sure it will get everyone even more excited then they already are. All I can say now is welcome to Sin City baby and get ready to having a blast.

Chandler-we appreciate the energy you bring. I know Charles put together some great pieces for the convention and in this home stretch we are fine tuning everything. I'm thrilled about the prospects of what our team has done in terms of packing the show flow with good mix of exhibitors, and quality artist alley. We should have a floor packed with attendees, and some great media coverage leading up to the event. I'm certainly pleased with the prospects