• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best of the Best Sketch Awards Mega / Discussion Thread

438 posts in this topic

FYI - The original intent/hope was for a variety of categories to be used. Big ones like Spider-man and little ones like MODOK. I was hoping more best of artists, Best Team-team up, Best Fight scene,... to pop up but they have not.

If categories get specific (without being silly), so what. There is always the next one.

As for as people picking ridiculous categories just so they can win, these contests have gone for over a year without incident.

Basically - I would hate to see us get to rule 34. So I would think that we keep humming along like we have been. If some get crazy with a category (60’s cat women drawn by Artist X) then the illuminati can step in and see that they pick again.

2c

If the community as a whole wants to write an alternative version of the above revised statement/rule, I'll be happy to post a public poll to let the community decide which version of rule 11 should go into play.

Is the poll going to be posted in this thread or a new one?

I got one by way of SecertSon! ;)
I have ziltch for Modok!

But you have a Frog of Thunder, so you still rock in my book! :headbang:

Oh..... If I could only show you the prelims of what I have seen so far for later on this year..... lol

I have ziltch for Modok!

Oh..... If I could only show you the prelims of what I have seen so far for later on this year..... lol

Since you are in the prelim stage, you might want to make a slight costume change and have Frog of Thunder wear blue pants. Apparently you'll be able to enter it into multiple categories.... :roflmao:

I have ziltch for Modok!

Since you are in the prelim stage, you might want to make a slight costume change and have Frog of Thunder wear blue pants. Apparently you'll be able to enter it into multiple categories.... :roflmao:

You don't mess with a frogs pants man, contest or not...

So...I'm thinking about a Hulk a have from Andy Carreon, is it whenever or do I have to wait? I see no-one has posted on here in a while.

You can challenge here :

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5575807&fpart=16

You will be the first ever challenger to date :) Good luck! Can't wait to see what you got (thumbs u

Hello everybody!

I am happy to tell you that the CGCSKETCH.COM website is finally up to date. I have pass the last 3 days updating it.

You can found ALL the trophy logo, Best of forum link and everything you need to know about this great and friendly competition.

Clayton Crain is the best artist with 6 wins and our best member is Dave32563 with 6 wins also. BTW Dave you need to add the Green label trophy logo to your signature ;)

These 2 got over 12% of the wins lol!!! With got a total of 49 Best of, and after The Flash, it will be our 50. Maybe we could do somethign special for it, what do you think?

Now we are kinda late on some Best of Categories. We got to :

- Run the poll for the Best of the Best Flash

- GI Joe challenge

- X-23 challenge

- Black Cat challenge

- Batman challenge

- Doom challenge (but need 2 more nomation to be legit againt our 5 times champ)

- Jean Grey challenge

- Spider-Man challenge or contest ????

Speaking of the last one, Spider-Man, Mr. Mylar inform us that he sold the sketch so what should we do?

- Is the new trophy go to the last challenger by deafault?

- Is the new owner the new title holder? But if he is not a forum member ?

- We simply revert back to the previous winner

Our main man, DScott say this :

"We will just reopen the contest. Any sketch is eligible to partake in the event. Even past champs or challengers/entries may compete. "

What do you think? Maybe we could make a poll and vote?

There is also our "Peoples Choice" section were we got 3 categories to date. The 50th Best of will surely enter in this one if we do something special.

Dscott write this :

"I personally do not plan to run the blue label contests except in the manner outlined above. As I don't have the time or desire to maintain two best of the bests each week. As a result I proposed the above idea. Where the people submit ideas and vote every 3 months on the next category. The original plan was to have the "Illuminiati" pick the next category. The winner was never supposed to choose the next thread. Similar to how the copic markers played out last month. I believe Starpc copied and pasted from the usual spill to create the front page for this thread and forgot to change the winners reward.

However if the community would rather see the blue labels continue each week with the winner picking the next category similar to the red labels then that is also fine. If someone wants to volunteer to run them and keep them organized. "

It is clear that taking care of the Best of the Best competitons take a lot of times. I will PM DScott and MarvelFanGirl and see what we can do about it. We do our best :)

Also if you got suggestion or found any errors on the cgcsketch.com website, please PM me.

Thanks!