• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The new "Amazing Spider-Man" Trailer

146 posts in this topic

Looking forward to this. Couple of red flags....I'll see how they play out in the movie.

Agreed. Does anybody really think this will beat the new Batman movie at the box office? Batman Dark Knight Rises will be released just a few weeks later. I smell a box office beating of epic proportions.

Sell your AF 15s now. ;)

btw don`t get me wrong I love Spider-man, but as Logan510 states a few red flags got my spidey sense tingling.

spidey%20sense.jpeg

I can't get past how ugly Gwen is.

She looks just fine. Very few actresses can match John Romita's idealized portrayal of women, anyway.

I think she fits the look of Gwen way better than Dunst as Mary Jane. I like Kirsten Dunst but she was 100% miscast as Mary Jane.

yes, yes, a thousand times yes!

Actually, I wouldn't complain about Emma Stone as Mary Jane.

She looks just fine. Very few actresses can match John Romita's idealized portrayal of women, anyway.

I think she fits the look of Gwen way better than Dunst as Mary Jane. I like Kirsten Dunst but she was 100% miscast as Mary Jane.

yes, yes, a thousand times yes!

Actually, I wouldn't complain about Emma Stone as Mary Jane.

Funny you should say that. On the Byrne board, JB said that he thinks Stone would've made a better Mary Jane and that Dunst would've been a better Gwen.

Looking forward to this. Couple of red flags....I'll see how they play out in the movie.

Agreed. Does anybody really think this will beat the new Batman movie at the box office? Batman Dark Knight Rises will be released just a few weeks later. I smell a box office beating of epic proportions.

Sell your AF 15s now. ;)

btw don`t get me wrong I love Spider-man, but as Logan510 states a few red flags got my spidey sense tingling.

spidey%20sense.jpeg

No chance it beats Batman in the box office....but I'm sure I'll like Spider-Man more (thumbs u

I wasn't impressed with the trailer. The new costume looks like a plastic Mego, everything was all...Twilightish, and he can't keep his mask on.

Though if I were him and I had to wear that horrible mask, I'd probably take it off too.

My prediction on the Dice Assometer is two turds up, and they need to be flushed.

I wasn't impressed with the trailer. The new costume looks like a plastic Mego, everything was all...Twilightish, and he can't keep his mask on.

Though if I were him and I had to wear that horrible mask, I'd probably take it off too.

My prediction on the Dice Assometer is two turds up, and they need to be flushed.

Did you like Spider-Man 2?

This was pretty close though....and much better than the current version.

bryce_dallas_howard_18308.jpg

Eeeeh...while Ms. Howard is attractive, I think Emma Stone will do a better job. And she's very quickly rising as one of Hollywood's major A-listers and with many unknowns in this film, I think she was the safe choice...

+ she's still a major hottie...end of line.

yuck, I think Emma Stone is a dog. Her eyes just look....weird.

I agree that Howard is better looking than Stone. Stone isn't smoking hot by any means, but I wouldn't kick her out of bed.

I think Emma is pretty hot, although Im curious about how there are no blonde actresses left in the world.

Eeeeh...while Ms. Howard is attractive, I think Emma Stone will do a better job. And she's very quickly rising as one of Hollywood's major A-listers and with many unknowns in this film, I think she was the safe choice...

I agree that Howard is better looking than Stone. Stone isn't smoking hot by any means, but I wouldn't kick her out of bed.

I think Emma is pretty hot, although Im curious about how there are no blonde actresses left in the world.

Well Natural blonde

Looks good, but I'm not as excited as I was for the '02 version. That one truly felt like it was a long-time-coming and was worth the wait. This one feels more like a studio's eagerness to get it out and "fit" Spider-Man into the current Marvel film lexicon. 2c

I do like the return to the tech-gizmo web shooters, however... :cool:

Is Spidey like the Dark Knight? Every scene is at night, and there's little humor or charm

My first thought as I was halfway through the trailer. Andrew Garfield could have been a great Peter Parker, but this whole brooding-low-talking-mush-mouth dialogue? Ugh. It looks like the Twi-tards got a hold of it.

I'll wait for the reviews before I commit.

For the first time, I am excited about this film. Here's why:

1. They got the lithe fighting style right. The one reason why I was so excited for the first Spidey movie's timed release was that CGI had finally gotten good enough to really showcase the SPEED of Spider-Man. And of course, Raimey didn't capitalize on it. :(

Seeing the scenes with Petey dodge bullets gives me hope.

2. It's not really a reboot. The way I read the trailer, you could almost see it picking up after three. Now, I know it really is a reboot, but by adding backstory and giving us a new villian, it doesn't seem like a rehash. Well played.

3. Garfield. I love the Tobester, but I like this kid too. No, he doesn't look like Peter Parker, but he "feels" like Petey.

4. Watson. :cloud9: (though in defense of Dale, Howard is a stunner. :cloud9:)

I never understood the attraction to her either.

She always has that constipated look of disgust on her face.

Sell your AF 15s now. ;)

spidey%20sense.jpeg

:eyeroll: