• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Serious, yet Simple, Forum Sales Etiquette Question...

130 posts in this topic

Bedrock & greggy with back-to-back posts.

So obvious.

:facepalm:

Truth be told, you might be onto something Bill. Heck, now that I think about it, you never do see the two of them at the same place simultaneously. They even have the same rough height and body shape, making this ruse all the more feasible. hm

All I can think about is MegaCon this weekend! :banana:

a nd/or home removal of the resto by calling it a "post-production ink cleansing."

Fixed.

Cleansing would accurately indicate that something was done. The key is to intimate that you don't know anything about it, and it presumably happened at the factory. :whee:

a nd/or home removal of the resto by calling it a "post-production ink cleansing."

Fixed.

Cleansing would accurately indicate that something was done. The key is to intimate that you don't know anything about it, and it presumably happened at the factory. :whee:

Oh, like bindery chips.

Fixed.

Oh, like bindery chips.

I prefer bindery fish and chips. :cloud9:

Bedrock & greggy with back-to-back posts.

So obvious.

:facepalm:

Truth be told, you might be onto something Bill. Heck, now that I think about it, you never do see the two of them at the same place simultaneously. They even have the same rough height and body shape, making this ruse all the more feasible. hm

All I can think about is MegaCon this weekend! :banana:

I concur, I'm ready to spend money, be sorely disappointed with my onsite grades, ogle all the great books I can't afford, and completely bypass the crowds of freaks on Saturday.

Oh yeah, and somewhere in there is meeting up with my comic buds. :luhv:

My favorite part of the whole story is that some bigwig dealer was asked his opinion of FMV on this particular book and he said "$10,000".

The last confirmed sale of this particular book - $10,000!

:acclaim:

:o

Actually it sold early this morning on Ebay for $15,000.

Remind me never to consult with THAT bigwig dealer... :foryou:

Harry,

Why did you sell the book? Did you need the money?

My favorite part of the whole story is that some bigwig dealer was asked his opinion of FMV on this particular book and he said "$10,000".

The last confirmed sale of this particular book - $10,000!

:acclaim:

:o

Actually it sold early this morning on Ebay for $15,000.

Remind me never to consult with THAT bigwig dealer... :foryou:

Harry,

Why did you sell the book? Did you need the money?

Always good to have a bit of cash on hand.

I really hadn't intended to sell it but it was in the boxes (5 long boxes of SA, 2 CGC boxes of mixed slabs and 12 short boxes of BA) that I showed Brian.

Apparently he had a standing order for pre Robin Tecs...

People are responsible for educating themselves and determining what they are willing to spend on something. The owner of the book can ask whatever price they want and frankly people should mind their own business. I don't really think anything changes just because of the boards. Board members are no different and should do their due diligence. They dont need somebody playing mom for them and stirring up drama/krapping on somebody else's property and what they want to sell it for. In this instance, mind your own business 2c

In a generic sense (nothing to do with the particulars of this thread), I have to say I disagree. As a community, we have an obligation to protect each other from fraudsters, hucksters, and PT Barnum pitch men (see the "Is it bad form if I" thread for an example of what I'm talking about). If I was a newbie getting into the hobby, or an old-timer coming back into the hobby but not current on the market, I know I'd appreciate it. Conversely, if I was a newbie getting into the hobby, or an old-timer coming back into the hobby and learned later that I way overpaid for a book I bought here, it would be a huge turnoff.

If somone comes on here and repeatedly tries to sell books way over FMV, then yeah, I'd like to see more threadkrapping with comments like "Nice book, do you think it's better than the copy on ebay for half your asking price (see link)?" People have a right to ask what they want, just as we all have a right to point out that their asking price is ridiculous. 2c

Couldn't disagree more. With regards to fraud or shady/unknown sellers, I thought it went without saying that people would give the heads up. I mean, it's kind of redundant. Danny d shows up hawking his wares, people are going to look out for each other here. Now is that what we are dealing with here? Were we dealing with a fraudster, scammer, unknown seller misleading folks or doing something otherwise shady? If so I missed that.

I disagree with the notion that you can thread krayp on someone's sales thread because of an asking price. Maybe there's a good reason to blow up somebody's sales thread, but pricing isn't one of them IMO.