• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Confessions of a speculator.

120 posts in this topic

I suspect RMA hoarded those Primers when they were not particularly cheap books, though no doubt cheaper than now.

The NM 98s, etc. could very well have been fished out of 25 cent boxes at the right time. I know he's clever like that.

I have some weird hoards of BA books that I'm not going to show here because, honestly, if I ever try to sell them here I'm not that interested in devaluing them perception-wise. One of my problems is that if I see a stack of some book in nice shape and that book is almost as old as I am (or at least born in the same decade as me) I find it hard not to buy them all if they're cheap.

I wasn't always this way, but I let myself get burned by not hoarding when the oportunities presented themselves in the past, like only buying "1 copy of each" when there were 10 of each for sale for $1 or $2 only to find out later that they were easy $15-$25 sales on ebay.

Dark Horse Presents #36, two different covers, and Aliens vs Predator #1.

hoards7004.jpg

Various Aliens/Predators/Dark Horse Presents extra issues. Just too many to lay out and photo all.

hoards7003.jpg

Wolverine #50, die cut cover (I have a lot more of these). Hulk #377 (only one of the 3rd print and I did not buy that one off the shelf). Punisher #57, (I have a few more of these also. Don't know why other than I just liked the cover and he was hot hot then).

hoards7002.jpg

X-Men #282 (first Bishop), and the one you have all been waiting for.

X-Force #1!!!, Polybagged and otherwise. (I have given many copies of these away to the YMCA's, both in Cleveland and in my current town, and to many kids running around in my circles.)

hoards9001.jpg

One that makes me sad every time I think of it, is that I purchased 20 copies of ASM #300 of the shelf. Paying attention to condition very well.

I sold them all to an LCS for 15 bucks each, when I wanted something they had on their wall.

I also sold about a dozen New Mutants #98 in NM+ or better condition. At a Con for $5.00 each. :(

1st Fantomex !!!

...at first I thought this was the New X-Men #118 "sex" issue by Ethan Van Sciver, which was a nice novelty issue.

I have bought every copy of this I could find in the LCS's.

295px-New_X-Men_Vol_1_128.jpg

I do not intend to sell them for many years. This one is going to be HOT!

And for good measure I got an equally impressive stack of these:

306px-New_X-Men_Vol_1_129.jpg

One that makes me sad every time I think of it, is that I purchased 20 copies of ASM #300 of the shelf. Paying attention to condition very well.

I sold them all to an LCS for 15 bucks each, when I wanted something they had on their wall.

I also sold about a dozen New Mutants #98 in NM+ or better condition. At a Con for $5.00 each. :(

The thing is, with the ASM 300 you probably could have picked up nice copies before it re-exploded for about $30. I paid $50 for a slabbed 9.4 and $8 for a VF+ raw about 2-3 years before the movie came out.

And those $5 a pop you got for the NM 98s could have been used to buy copies of the same books out of $1-$2 boxes just a couple of years later.

:censored:

:censored:

?

I'm thinking with Uncanny X-Force being so hot and Fantomex being so pivotal in the story, this is a no-brainer. I think the ones on ebay now at $14.99 are probably a good deal in comparison to what they'll be later.

yeah but with ebay you never know what you will really get :S at some point i hope to find one in person in 9.8 lol it won't be worth much now i don't think but if he becomes a long lasting character who knows ... could be the next gambit ..

yeah but with ebay you never know what you will really get :S at some point i hope to find one in person in 9.8 lol it won't be worth much now i don't think but if he becomes a long lasting character who knows ... could be the next gambit ..

Or the next Deadpool or Wolverine? ;-)