• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic book men tonight on AMC after Walking Dead

265 posts in this topic

Show got 2 millions total viewers and for a AMC show thats good . I believe Breaking Bad regularly gets 1.9 million viewers. And Mad Men I read recently had a 2.9 million viewers so I guess it might not be going anywhere , ofcourse it needs to sustain the viewers it got.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/02/13/the-walking-dead-mid-season-two-premiere-draws-8-1-million-viewers-reigns-as-the-strongest-drama-telecast-in-basic-cable-history-against-key-demos/119690/

Last night, AMC’s mid-season premiere of “The Walking Dead” became the strongest telecast for any drama in basic cable history against key demos including 5.4 million adults 18-49 and 4.4 million adults 25-54. These results shatter the previous record, which was held by the series two premiere from October 16th with increases of +12% and +6% respectively. The show delivered 8.1 million viewers for its 9pm premiere and delivered 10.1 million viewers for the night (9pm premiere and 11pm and 12:30 am encores). At 10pm, AMC also premiered its newest unscripted series, “Comic Book Men,” executive produced by Kevin Smith (Clerks, Dogma, Chasing Amy), Charlie Corwin’s Original Media (LA Ink, Storm Chasers, Swamp People) and Elyse Seiden (Red State). The series delivered 2 million total viewers.

Show got 2 millions total viewers and for a AMC show thats good . I believe Breaking Bad regularly gets 1.9 million viewers. And Mad Men I read recently had a 2.9 million viewers so I guess it might not be going anywhere , ofcourse it needs to sustain the viewers it got.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/02/13/the-walking-dead-mid-season-two-premiere-draws-8-1-million-viewers-reigns-as-the-strongest-drama-telecast-in-basic-cable-history-against-key-demos/119690/

Last night, AMC’s mid-season premiere of “The Walking Dead” became the strongest telecast for any drama in basic cable history against key demos including 5.4 million adults 18-49 and 4.4 million adults 25-54. These results shatter the previous record, which was held by the series two premiere from October 16th with increases of +12% and +6% respectively. The show delivered 8.1 million viewers for its 9pm premiere and delivered 10.1 million viewers for the night (9pm premiere and 11pm and 12:30 am encores). At 10pm, AMC also premiered its newest unscripted series, “Comic Book Men,” executive produced by Kevin Smith (Clerks, Dogma, Chasing Amy), Charlie Corwin’s Original Media (LA Ink, Storm Chasers, Swamp People) and Elyse Seiden (Red State). The series delivered 2 million total viewers.

That's because of what it was on after and the fact that it was the premiere episode.

I plan to drop their total to 1,999,999 viewers next week.

lets see how next week hold up...how many of that 2 millions will watch the 2nd show is what the tv execs are dying to find out.

the lead in is what it is....Many new shows failed after the immediate slot behind Seinfeld or Friends.

lets see how next week hold up...how many of that 2 millions will watch the 2nd show is what the tv execs are dying to find out.

the lead in is what it is....Many new shows failed after the immediate slot behind Seinfeld or Friends.

Exactly those numbers would have never been that high if not for the WD. Not to get off track I love WD and no matter what will watch every episode, but is it me or does it suck compared to the book? I think its cool that they went a sort of diffrent direction with it, but it has such times of like "why is this moving so slow"

I thought it was ok. A little too long . A Half hour would be better . And more of the comics and less of the jibba jabba . I will give it a few weeks if it last a few weeks. Again I did not hate it as much as others here but see there point.

It plays just fine if you have a DVR--I cut through all of the flea market scenes and found it enjoyable.

The Chucky Doll was flat out frightening (referring to the owner)

The guy selling the Thor poster--how much do those things go for? They bought it for $75.

I want a 6 million dollar man!

They wanted CGC 9.6 prices for that raw TOD #10.

Interesting commentary on signatures

Interesting Bob Kane sketch; if a bit dramatic re: the back of the sketch

$300 for a CGC 1.5 TEC #35? That's funny!

had to watch this train wreck via DVR after reading the reviews on here...pretty rough, even when skipping through the flea market . One thing I did notice is that Kevin Smith can really sweat! HD does that man no favors - yikes!

I didn't think the first episode was all that entertaining myself, but often with these types of shows, the first episode is the weakest.

Let's mot forget, these guys aren't used to cameras being in their faces all day long & those at the helm don't know what kinds of transactions & interactions are going to play well. So, I'm sure they'll be adjusting the format around a bit.

Even if they don't though, I'll continue to stay tuned in after TWD.

I mean, it's an hour a week.

Even if the people working in the store don't grow on me at all, I'll tune in just to see the cool stuff that walks in the door each week. I'll enjoy it just on those merits.

I would much rather see a reality show based on the real "comic book men", guys like Dale Roberts, Bob Storms, Richie Evans, Rick Whitlock, etc., who do the convention circuit, run down leads on collections, get involved in bidding wars, do mail order + website + ebay sales, and do it successfully as a living despite all the obstacles they have to overcome.

Now THAT would be thirty minutes of reality television that people would tune into, geek or not

I remember a few years back a camera crew was following Mike Carbonaro at WW Chicago. I asked the dealer I was talking to what that was all about, and it seemed that they were filming MC for a reality series. As far as I know, nothing came of it. The reasons for that could be numerous, but one of them could be that the life of a comic book dealer doesn't make for gripping TV - at least for the average non-collecting viewer

It's all in how you spin it, I think. I mean, there is a show on TV now about women who chase wild hogs and another about people who ship large things. I'll say that one again. People who place things on a truck and then drive those things somewhere have their own reality show. If they can make that watchable, they can make the life of a comic dealer watchable!

Don't forget JOUSTING...there are 2 shows about jousting.

I saw ten minutes of a show last night about a guy who was in a sexual relationship with his car.

That junk was crazy! (:

i knew it was going to suck from the start i turned it on anyways to check it out & switched to something else with in 5 min or so pawn stars & amc pickers is enough for fake reality tv