• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Most Overpriced/Undervalued Modern?

260 posts in this topic

I think the point of this thread is to point out general "overpriced" or "undervalued" moderns, and not specific sellers (not that this is me, or my particular Sixth Gun). If this were the case, I'd list 100 auctions every week that end at bad times, with mistakes in their listing.

As for this particular issue, the FCBD 6th gun, I won't rehash the 100 pages of the Sixth Gun thread, but this will be the most rare book in my opinion of any Sixth Gun book. As to "Value", we shall see.

Some people are very angry they didn't jump aboard the Panzerfaust train while it was at the station.

I don't understand it

it's meh to me

I hate the art

It looks stoopid

WWII, what the F is that?????

The print run combined with potential TV show hype is what's driving it, I think. If the show comes through, or any other form of entertainment content is developed - watch out. It's just over half of what TWD's #1 run was.

It won't reach the same popularity as TWD, but with a smaller run, it will still command some decent prices.

Undervalued? Avengers Annual #10

:golfclap:

Sent my copy I bought in as a kid to CGC a few weeks back. Can't wait to see what it gets as a grade in six months!

Only problem is there is ALOT of this book. It to me is only undervalued because there is a huge inventory of this book.

Where is this inventory?

Maybe inventory was the wrong word I should have used huge print run. Its a late Bronze book. 1600 copies in the CGC registry. There are 150 copies on ebay currently for sale.

19 copies for sale on Comic Collector

21 copies for sale at Atomic Avenue

you used the correct word. larry probably has about 3-400. this year alone i have picked up 47 copies.

I indeed have a "TON' of Avenger Annual 10's.

All I said was I though it was undervalued...

Rouge is a very popular female character.

I have a lot of Peter Panzerfaust which I find quite overvalued.

Nothing sinister to read into my post there champaroo...

what you said was "where is this inventory". thouht you were suggesting there were not a lot of copies around. in this context, i thought one thing, you corrected me. i apologize champaroo

I think the point of this thread is to point out general "overpriced" or "undervalued" moderns, and not specific sellers (not that this is me, or my particular Sixth Gun). If this were the case, I'd list 100 auctions every week that end at bad times, with mistakes in their listing.

As for this particular issue, the FCBD 6th gun, I won't rehash the 100 pages of the Sixth Gun thread, but this will be the most rare book in my opinion of any Sixth Gun book. As to "Value", we shall see.

I wasn't pointing out specific sellers. I was pointing out the price of the book pre-show, it just so happened to be on ebay. It was made a point that the Revival #1 10.0 that sold for $7500 was "THE most over priced modern you will ever see". But there was no mention of the "seller". Were all speculating and the price is set by the demand and hype of others. If the FCBD #1 is a good deal for $1500 pre-show in your eyes and maybe a some other peoples eyes, then so be it. If someone is willing to pay $1500 or $7500 for a book, then in their eyes it's not "overpriced".

Batman 635 1st Red Hood.. UNDERVALUED There's a reason you can't find them on ebay. Instant sell if one puts on ebay.

Probably the same thinking as Nightwing. Not a new person, just a new incarnation if an already established character. If Teen Titans 44 is only a $15 and under book, I dont see Bats 635 going any higher than it already is (a $15 book as well).

Undervalued? Avengers Annual #10

:golfclap:

Sent my copy I bought in as a kid to CGC a few weeks back. Can't wait to see what it gets as a grade in six months!

Only problem is there is ALOT of this book. It to me is only undervalued because there is a huge inventory of this book.

Where is this inventory?

Maybe inventory was the wrong word I should have used huge print run. Its a late Bronze book. 1600 copies in the CGC registry. There are 150 copies on ebay currently for sale.

19 copies for sale on Comic Collector

21 copies for sale at Atomic Avenue

you used the correct word. larry probably has about 3-400. this year alone i have picked up 47 copies.

I indeed have a "TON' of Avenger Annual 10's.

All I said was I though it was undervalued...

Rouge is a very popular female character.

I have a lot of Peter Panzerfaust which I find quite overvalued.

Nothing sinister to read into my post there champaroo...

what you said was "where is this inventory". thouht you were suggesting there were not a lot of copies around. in this context, i thought one thing, you corrected me. i apologize champaroo

Just because you's guys are chatting about it... I got a copy of AA#10 today. I dig it. Will slab it at some point for my PC.

man this thread was really interesting and I enjoyed reading it until it turned into a lame , pointless "my is bigger than yours" argument

Did someone say d***

Lorena-Bobbitt-235414-1-402.jpg

(in case you kiddos don't get the reference, this is Lorana Bobbit - lol )

(in case you still don't get the reference, try goggle and then lol )

if we are all throwing out names:

NWM - overvalued

PP - overvalued

Saga - overvalued

Fatale - undervalued :banana:

ToT - undervalued

SW (2013) - undervalued

revival - just right