• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Most Overpriced/Undervalued Modern?

260 posts in this topic

What happens when the show is over?

It was commanding big bucks before the show.

There has been plenty of times TMNT hasn`t had a show,and that has always commanded big bucks.

Iconic is iconic. Don`t expect ever to find Walking Dead# 1 first print in the dollar bins.

That ship has sailed. :)

There has been plenty of times TMNT hasn`t had a show,and that has always commanded big bucks.

Iconic is iconic. Don`t expect ever to find Walking Dead# 1 first print in the dollar bins.

TMNT 1 is not comparable with Walking Dead 1 in any way.

Kirkman has said in multiple interviews he doesn't see himself ever handing off Walking Dead to anyone else to wrtite.

He did say that he eventually see's himself letting someone else write INVINCIBLE though.

Yes, but people change. It's why the divorce rate is at 50%, and Harrison Ford is in the new Star Wars film.

Walking Dead #1 is the most undervalued modern, and it makes all it`s Image contempories look overpriced if you think about it.

Walking Dead dominates comics,action figures,AMAZON`s best selling book list,card games and video games.

What does it`s contempories dominate that they deserve to come close to Walking Dead`s value?

If we think deep on this we will get an answer.

;)

One other thing is back when it was just a comic book and Image didn't have the spotlight on it that it has now it stood on its own two feet. A book that had a following before the hype not a following because of hype.

I am truly happy for some of the other reads I enjoy that are now getting some deserved attention but a fair amount of it is as a direct result of big or small screen potential. TWD at that stage wasn't still going to be a niche or fad comic. It was already getting a lot of love.

I actually agree with Huskie here. Of course no one really knows what will happen. BUT it's quite possible Kirkman at some point, may hand the reigns off to another writer, and so on and so forth. Of course it's easier for you to think it'll go down, you sold your stuff off! lol. But in truth, no one will know what will happen.

Personally I think it'll have it's ups and downs, but will continue to be a part of our culture for good now.

Am I personally rooting for the show or comic to fail? No, I enjoy both. I just don't see it having the sustaining longevity of other character or comic heroes who are engrained in pop culture. I read the comic from day 1 when the local comic shop owner suggested it. After a 100 issues I saw how much the books were selling for so I decided to sell mine. I still have the trades for the story, as I enjoyed it.

In my eyes I just don't see it hitting that pinnacle where people still seek the books 20-30 years after it started like the all ages characters of Superman, Spider-Man and Batman.

If I'm wrong, oh well. Just how I see it.

I see WD getting status more like GI Joe or Transformers than Superman, Batman or Spider-Man.

Still popular, but more of a niche thing than the big boys.

This is my thought. I don't think you will see issues in dollar bins or anything like that but, it will be a notch below the characters that are engrained in Americana, and appeal to four quadrant base of customers. Walking Dead really has a specific demo it caters to as it's for mature audiences and is survival horror done at it's best.

So once the show runs it's course hopefully 6 or 7 really good seasons. It's price points on the back issues will no doubt drop.

TWD1 = TMNT1

It'll always be THE key of the 2000s.

When the show ends, it'll drop a little and hang there for a while, but in 15-20 years, there will be an inevitable resurgence due to nostalgia and the book will bounce back to new record highs.

TMNT 1 is not comparable with Walking Dead 1 in any way.

lol just saw this post after I typed my previous one. TMNT has a lower print run and condition issues, so it'll never be a perfect comparison, but I can definitely see parallels.

lol just saw this post after I typed my previous one. TMNT has a lower print run and condition issues, so it'll never be a perfect comparison, but I can definitely see parallels.

:blush:

Ok. In some ways its comparable but regarding scarcity and price in a 9.8, I thought it was a bad analogy.

Some people are very angry they didn't jump aboard the Panzerfaust train while it was at the station.

I don't understand it

it's meh to me

I hate the art

It looks stoopid

WWII, what the F is that?????

Side note : I hate buying comics from people who don't know what the F they are talking about (no one here... eBay).

Rant over.

That's all we get? I need an eBay rant in CG. :baiting::popcorn:

Not too much to tell. Just claiming NM on four books. Two of them are NM or better, the other two are F/VF and VF-

Just a day in the life brother... a day in the life lol

Some people are very angry they didn't jump aboard the Panzerfaust train while it was at the station.

I don't understand it

it's meh to me

I hate the art

It looks stoopid

WWII, what the F is that?????

+1

All of the characters look like they have :banana: 's for heads. Their chins seem super sharp!