• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

Considering the size of Saga 1 printing, I think the 500 copies of Saga RRP will be the only real collectible from this series.

Fixed.

In a series that has a first issue with a 40K print run and no OA extant, you have to think that the 500 copy variant has some legs. It's the only high-end item for collectors/fans of this book.

Also, the comps to other RRPs are a bit off, IMO. What other RRP is the first issue of a major series, containing all of the key first appearances? Of course the flaw in my argument is that Saga is only on the second issue and can't be called a 'major series' at this point lol

That said, I'll take my chances with BKV.

Branget, you still think we will see $25 for the Saga RRP?... ;)

Definitely. :)

Two more copies sold yesterday in the $150-$175 range and there are now only 9 left on eBay as the original wave is about done.

I would say that your bet that this will be a $25 book went from the standard bet to a long shot. You were right that there are lots of RRPs that are readily available and not that collectible, but I think this one is looking more like the Fables 6, Batman 608 exceptions. Considering the size of Saga 1 printing, I think the 500 copies of Saga RRP will be the only real collectible issue from this series.

The only way I see this ever going back to $25 is if this series absolutely bombs, and based on the quality of the first two issues, I don't see that being likely.

I say the chances of this book ever averaging $25 is about 5 percent or less now. At what point would you agree or would you stubbornly say, "just wait" even if this thing started selling at "WD#1 prices"? lol

Seth

The discussion on any new book for my purposes doesn't even start until issue #6. This book is 3 weeks old?

Considering the size of Saga 1 printing, I think the 500 copies of Saga RRP will be the only real collectible from this series.

Fixed.

In a series that has a first issue with a 40K print run and no OA extant, you have to think that the 500 copy variant has some legs. It's the only high-end item for collectors/fans of this book.

Also, the comps to other RRPs are a bit off, IMO. What other RRP is the first issue of a major series, containing all of the key first appearances? Of course the flaw in my argument is that Saga is only on the second issue and can't be called a 'major series' at this point lol

That said, I'll take my chances with BKV.

Of course, but that is why the price has skyrocketed so quickly. Enough people see the possibility that this could be a 'major' series to know that by the time it is widely recognized as such it will be too late to get a reasonably priced Saga 1 RRP.

That said, many think it is beyond the reasonable price point already...

People always see the possibility but the reality is it rarely happens. It's a #1 limited variant. The recipe to give any speculator the giggles. ;)

That said, many think it is beyond the reasonable price point already...

(shrug)

Who knows? It'll be interesting to see the next wave of no reserve auctions.

This is the one that was on sale on the boards a while back, isn't it?

a**t with 6559 feedback picked up several more Saga RRPs today. Seen that buyer pick up more than 10 auctions alone, excluding buy-it-nows.

Looks like someone else is hoarding a bunch of copies...

Anyone know who this is?

It took some time...

For someone with such high feedback, they don't seem to leave any for someone else...

I had to find a transaction where the seller left it for them...

comiconart!!

http://myworld.ebay.com/comiconart!!

They purchased this one, which is where I found the feedback:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SAGA-1-CHAPTER-ONE-RRP-VF-B-B-/280866873787?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item4164f861bb

Edited by umyeahwhatevers

One of my Saga RRPs arrived this past week in a floppy bubble envelope without even a comic board in the mylar. The seller should be ebay banned from selling comic books...

Will see if dry cleaning can salvage it, but it was my first non-NM or greater copy.

:(

Edited by sclemons

I think we're going to see the regular Saga CGC 9.8s go for $150 all day by Summer. I also think the RRP books are going to keep going up. I'm interested in seeing how CGC treats the binary tear on the RRP ... it is not nearly as clean as it is on the regular cover. I've also not seen three sharp corners on the RRP (I've only seen about 10 copies so I've not seen enough to figure out whether the raw copies I've seen were the ones that the dealers decided not to send to CGC or if it's just going to be tough to find CGC 9.8s. Any one else have any info on the RRPs?

You can still order the 1st print of Saga #1 at midtown(atl east you could, havent checked today). 1 per customer, however you can place more than 1 order and get as many as you want if you dont mind paying shipping costs.

Anyhow seen a few copies floating around on ebay but no buyers. Seen buyouts as low as 10 and people still passing on them. They are still reasonably easy to get your hands on, in my area atleast.

Edited by jjoseph7772