• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

Just saw the updated census, 8 universal 9.8's so far.

tip of the iceberg

Updated as of what date? lol

(shrug)

Wasn't there Saturday, now it's there today.

Too bad there's no last updated date on each census page.

The census is updated every week on Sunday at 3 am (EST)

Just saw the updated census, 8 universal 9.8's so far.

tip of the iceberg

Updated as of what date? lol

(shrug)

Wasn't there Saturday, now it's there today.

Too bad there's no last updated date on each census page.

The census is updated every week on Sunday at 3 am (EST)

Is it updated with shipped submissions?

i can't see there being many 9.6s...the spines were pretty tight....also can't see there being many (any) 9.9s.

So you went from not many 9.8's to almost all 9.8's in a week? :ohnoez:

i can't see there being many 9.6s...the spines were pretty tight....also can't see there being many (any) 9.9s.

So you went from not many 9.8's to almost all 9.8's in a week? :ohnoez:

not sure i said not many 9.8s...maybe i did....once i found out virtually all the Saga's had those ticks and that ticks aren't really counted against for 9.8s....though i think i said 9.9s. Too lazy to look it up.

All right. Preliminary March sales data is up. No estimates just yet, but Saga #1 was the #40 book in March. It was sandwiched between Daredevil and Red Lanterns. For the sake of comparison, the #40 book in February was FF #15 with an estimated 40,583 copies sold. Daredevil sold 37,891 in February and Red Lanterns sold 39,105.

if it were a copy with no ticks on the corners i'd pay $20....

thankfully those sales numbers are way lower than 200k.

they looked quite minty. unfortunately, it'll be a few hours before i can go back. i knew i should have bought at least one...lol....they'll probably all be gone (though he had about 4-5)

If the point total is comparable to the prior month then the print run is 38K. I think it's safe to assume that the print run will end up being about 40K issues which is larger than I had hoped for but not large enough to cool down the heat on Saga 1. I'm happy I'm sitting on a stack of them but I'm going to wait for the final number before I decide how many to slab. Does anyone know if you can you prescreen if you only send 20 copies?