• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

The book may decrease in value over time, but I don't think it's going to be any time in the near future. If anything, I think we'll see numbers increase before they come down. The math is simple. Saga 1 has a print run of 37K and CGC 9.8s sell for $100 routinely. The Diamond variant is 7400% as rare as Saga 1. I don't think that a Diamond Saga 1 CGC 9.8 will sell for $7,400 but raw copies aren't going to sell for $100 for much longer.

Edited by Nico Esq

I agree with Branget, I would appreciate it if we kept the 'return on investment / speculation / number crunching' out of the Saga thread and kept it going for pure enjoyment of the series / medium.

P.S. don't try to write back at / to me because I probably have you on ignore (with good reason)...

I agree with Branget, I would appreciate it if we kept the 'return on investment / speculation / number crunching' out of the Saga thread and kept it going for pure enjoyment of the series / medium.

P.S. don't try to write back at / to me because I probably have you on ignore (with good reason)...

If you would ignore me you wouldn't have read my post. As I've said before, CGC as a concept is inherently about monatizing a comic book. You literally have to break the book out of its shell to read it. There is an enormous amount of hypocracy in sentiments on a CGC board about refraining from discussing value, investment, etc. That being said, my post was responsive. What is hilarious is how self serving people's posts are on the boards. When someone wants to buy 20 copies of a title they will say it isn't worth anything. When they are trying to sell the book they create empty posts to keep the book at the top of the boards. I don't sell comics. I buy them and until I start selling them again, I"m going to talk about what is a good buy and what's a bad buy because my single purchase isn't going to impact the value of a particular book.

In fact, I think I'm one of the only people who's made any sort of substantive comments about issue two.

:facepalm:

And a double for Krighton. ;)

:facepalm::facepalm:

There is a speculation thread Nico.

Also CGC certifies collectibles. It gives an opinion of grade. It is not synonymous with value. Once again the group has asked you nicely but you have replied with a you. I am Nico. I am more important than the group.

:facepalm:

And a double for Krighton. ;)

:facepalm::facepalm:

There is a speculation thread Nico.

Also CGC certifies collectibles. It gives an opinion of grade. It is not synonymous with value. Once again the group has asked you nicely but you have replied with a you. I am Nico. I am more important than the group.

The thread isn't titled "Saga plot discussion, art appreciation and non-economic matters" its titled Saga and it is the most reasonable place to discuss print runs, value, collectability, signatures, and other matters than have to do with the comic including those matters that have to do with the plot. Instead of complaining about what I'm talking about, why don't you and whomever else is interested in talking about other matters actually discuss those matters. As I said before, I am one of the few people to make a substantive post about the plot. If you want me to kickstart that discussion I would be happy to.

I'm very interested in finding out more about the underlysing conflict and the motivations for the war between what all characters agree are two inherently good groups of people. I was pleasantly surprised that BKV continues to express the socio-political themes he has explored in Y the Last Man and Exmachina. As we are all aware, often times comics over simplify good and evil and reify the myth of the other which is at the root of misguided identity politics and conflicts among people at virtually all levels of society. As I said before, the bounty hunters in this book make boba fett look like jam pants (i.e., not that cool anymore) and I'm anxious to meet the rest of the cast. I'm also pretty pumped to see where The Will is going to blow his line of credit. The reveal on the last page was freakin awesome and I can't wait to meet that group. I wonder if they are who The Stalk was talking about? I'd love to talk about the plot, but people don't do it that much. I know that a couple people didn't like the TV heads, but I didn't mind them. In fact, I really liked the way his face was drawn in issue 2. What do you guys think about the series so far? What are you interested in?

sadly, this and nearly every other thread about an image book other than TWD would disappear if the discussion was limited to the discussion of the content of the book itself rather than it's potential as the next ... :cry:

I thought the issue was good.

The survey was fun.

I didn't like 'The Stalk' once the reveal under the dress happened.

Also, having aliens use the term 'baby daddy' is off-putting.

Actually, anyone outside of Jerry Springer / Maury guests shouldn't use it.

Also, TV-headed humanoids in fancy dress > zombies, any day of the week.

I thought the issue was good.

The survey was fun.

I didn't like 'The Stalk' once the reveal under the dress happened.

Also, having aliens use the term 'baby daddy' is off-putting.

Actually, anyone outside of Jerry Springer / Maury guests shouldn't use it.

Also, TV-headed humanoids in fancy dress > zombies, any day of the week.

I liked that I was disgusted by the Stalk. I imagine that the idea was to depict a creature that was scary and off putting and that was accomplished with those eyes and harry nasty limbs. I enjoy the contemporary dialogue. I think it allows the ideas to develop in the readers mind more naturally than they would if there was a translation gap (e.g., if they used old english or broken english). I agree with you to the extent that I want the dialogue to sound like Star Wars (4-6 not 1-3 b/c they were bad films) and not Space Balls but BKV's humor is generally intelligent and when its quirky its entertaining. I like that are two heros are young and hip. Hazel's lucky. She has a hot, cool, tough mom and a fun, strong caring Dad. Their affection for one another and their child gives the readers a sense of hope in spite of the seemingly hopeless circumstances. It is obviously really early, but I feel like I know these characters and that is a sign of great work. I think this book is a winner and I feel really lucky that I get to enjoy it.

Yeah, that's what I was saying about the unreliable narrator a few pages ago. I definitely think she's retelling the story based on the embellished tales she heard as a kid.

It would be funny if the story jumped to Hazel's present-day and switched to a gritty hyper-realistic style.

Guys, any idea whether these auctions are genuine?

I'm not bothered personally (I have the future printings on order with my LCS anyway), but seems weird. Is it possible these are in hand already, or is this a photoshop job do you think?

Saga #1 - 3rd print

Saga #1 - 4th print

Nothing that's obviously non-legit about the seller that I can see. He also has an auction for the second print of #1 which ended on 4 April, for which he's received positive feedback.

Thoughts?