• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

I have seen some differing figures on the rarity of the Saga RRP. Some have said it was limited to 200 copies and some to 500 copies.

Anyone know where to get confirmation on the exact number?

Thanks,

Seth

I have seen some differing figures on the rarity of the Saga RRP. Some have said it was limited to 200 copies and some to 500 copies.

Anyone know where to get confirmation on the exact number?

Thanks,

Seth

It's limited to 500 copies per Diamond.

i'm still waiting for all those people returning from C2E2 to dump their copies onto ebay and bring all the prices down to $24.95. Course that's the same place that had stacks of ToT Comicspro that no one would touch for $75.00.

:lol:

Edited by krighton

i'm still waiting for all those people returning from C2E2 to dump their copies onto ebay and bring all the prices down to $24.95. Course that's the same place that had stacks of ToT Comicspro that no one would touch for $75.00.

The only way you're getting one for $25 is to get lucky on some poor schmuck's misguided BIN lol

That said, there has to be more coming as people unpack their luggage....right?

If anybody sees anymore auctions sell, I will keep a tally going. So far, I have seen 17 copies sell in the last two days and have all other auctions on watch.

Seth

--

Saga RRP auctions:

4/16 ebay sales:

$40

$75

$80

$80

$95 (although it clearly had significant bending on the backside of the comic)

$125

$150

4/17 ebay sales:

$90 NM+ copy

$90 (for a VF book with bent corner)

$110

$115

$115

$125

$125

$135

$135

$150

If anybody sees anymore auctions sell, I will keep a tally going. So far, I have seen 17 copies sell in the last two days and have all other auctions on watch.

Seth

--

Saga RRP auctions:

4/16 ebay sales:

$40

$75

$80

$80

$95 (although it clearly had significant bending on the backside of the comic)

$125

$150

4/17 ebay sales:

$90 NM+ copy

$90 (for a VF book with bent corner)

$110

$115

$115

$125

$125

$135

$135

$150

Average price of $107.90. The bar has been set. Don't anybody go out and buy one for a penny over that figure. lol

The only way you're getting one for $25 is to get lucky on some poor schmuck's misguided BIN lol

Then it would be the only RRP other then Batman 608 to follow that trend. There are 500.

Then it would be the only RRP other then Batman 608 to follow that trend. There are 500.

Branget, so you think it likely that this RRP will be back in the $25 range soon?

Thanks,

Seth

Most of the ones on there have already come from people AT C2E2. I listed mine from my iPhone.

Keep in mind though, that many retailers will take those copies back to the stores they run for good customers they know are looking for it....

And some will keep it...

You won't see 500 copies of it on eBay...

I won't post the reasons why I disagree, since I'm still looking to buy lol

I hope you guys are right.

Branget, so you think it likely that this RRP will be back in the $25 range soon?

Thanks,

Seth

Define "soon"

There are atleast 2 dozen examples from the last year that everyone thought would break the mold.

There are atleast 2 dozen examples from the last year that everyone thought would break the mold.

Yeah, that's what I don't get either - it seems like a lot of people in this thread are pretending that RRPs have never been released before and there's no past indication of how a book like this behaves on the secondary market :shrug:

Well like I was told this weekend " Saga is the next Walking Dead and obviously Walking Dead is going to do nothing but go up over the next 3-5 years atleast. That's why my Saga 1 RRP is $300 and my Walking Dead 19 is $500. Both prices are firm. "

:facepalm:

Well like I was told this weekend " Saga is the next Walking Dead and obviously Walking Dead is going to do nothing but go up over the next 3-5 years atleast. That's why my Saga 1 RRP is $300 and my Walking Dead 19 is $500. Both prices are firm. "

:facepalm:

lol