• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

I had the same reaction and the dealer was not impressed. I actually had another conversation where the dealer wanted to sell me WD #1-3 raw.

He said he would only sell them for eBay prices and then told me #1 was $1,500.

I quickly told him that his price is close to double eBay prices.

Listen, there was a WD #1 that sold for $7 k and my copy only has a couple of spine creases. Nobody knew about WD and it caught EVERYONE by surprise so you will see this book go nothing but up from here.

I started to explain how many I've seen, graded and sold but stopped. I need to learn to listen. ;)

Well like I was told this weekend " Saga is the next Walking Dead and obviously Walking Dead is going to do nothing but go up over the next 3-5 years at least. That's why my Saga 1 RRP is $300 and my Walking Dead 19 is $500. Both prices are firm. "

You aren't thinking big enough. Saga is the next Star Wars.

Well like I was told this weekend " Saga is the next Walking Dead and obviously Walking Dead is going to do nothing but go up over the next 3-5 years at least. That's why my Saga 1 RRP is $300 and my Walking Dead 19 is $500. Both prices are firm. "

I'll trade Star Wars comics all day long for Walking Dead and Saga.

I was being facetious, but the difference would be that the comic book came after the movie and there were over 1 million issues printed of number one.

If Saga, and this is a big 'if', goes on to be a sensation that goes mainstream, a RRP of issue #1 with a print run of 500 copies will bring in forehead slapping prices...

What do you think the risk/reward price would be for a Saga RRP at this point?

Seth

I was being facetious, but the difference would be that the comic book came after the movie and there were over 1 million issues printed of number one.

If Saga, and this is a big 'if', goes on to be a sensation that goes mainstream, a RRP of issue #1 with a print run of 500 copies will bring in forehead slapping prices...

Seth

Wait. If you don't speculate, then I guess that would be a question you don't try to answer.

Seth

Wait. If you don't speculate, then I guess that would be a question you don't try to answer.

When I speculate it's all risk vs reward. I look at historical trends. I have yet to see why the Saga RRP is more than a $25 book.

Seth

When I speculate it's all risk vs reward. I look at historical trends. I have yet to see why the Saga RRP is more than a $25 book.

This. The market has not changed so much in the last two months that prior historical data is irrelevant.

Seth

Not much of a chance that it becomes a 'mainstream sensation' IMO. I think Vaughan said something about not wanting to license it to other media, which I can't blame him for, since Y and Machina have been in development hell for years now.

meh, maybe. Statistically, the odds are in your favor that no modern book will ever be highly valued. You will always be 99.9% right from this point in time.

meh, maybe. Statistically, the odds are in your favor that no modern book will ever be highly valued. You will always be 99.9% right from this point in time.

You open with maybe and end with a 99.9% chance that I'm right. You change your mind quicker than my wife. If you agree the philosophy is 99.9% right then why not follow it and save money 99.9% of the time? (shrug)

Seth

And that is AWESOME to hear. The nature of the conversation was speculation. What your describing is collecting with a splash of hoarding. I love it!

As for YTLM you have just under 3 weeks until you have zero chance of taking over top spot in the registry. When I start a registry set I don't make it possible for someone to take over. Next is Preacher. ;)

I would like to see another complete set of YTLM though. LOVE that book. I'm hoping at a shot for a registry award for that set.

I just started reading Fables. If the series ends then maybe we can compete in that registry. ;)

Jeff

Seth

And that is AWESOME to hear. The nature of the conversation was speculation. What your describing is collecting with a splash of hoarding. I love it!

As for YTLM you have just under 3 weeks until you have zero chance of taking over top spot in the registry. When I start a registry set I don't make it possible for someone to take over. Next is Preacher. ;)

I would like to see another complete set of YTLM though. LOVE that book. I'm hoping at a shot for a registry award for that set.

I just started reading Fables. If the series ends then maybe we can compete in that registry. ;)

Jeff

Zero chance?? Those are my kind of odds... ;)

Seth