• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

No. I don't remember which thread it was. Apparently I went too far.

Oh, you mean that one time you went too far? Yeah, we all remember that 'one' thread. Thanks for narrowing it down for us...

Reminds me of that thread where I asked a noobish question.

:)

Seth

Edited by sclemons

No. I don't remember which thread it was. Apparently I went too far.

Oh, you mean that one time you went too far? Yeah, we all remember that 'one' thread. Thanks for narrowing it down for us...

Reminds me of that thread where I asked a noobish question.

:)

Seth

lol When did you stop asking noobish questions? ;)

:slapfight:

Apparently someone was sensitive yesterday.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5620399&fpart=71

I was kind of shocked that a raw Saga went for $175 recently. I think that is a pretty big number at this stage of the game.

Sales today:

$159

$181

Currently 11 more still out for auction, and they are completing faster than new copies are being listed.

Branget, you still think we will see $25 for the Saga RRP?... ;)

BTW, I never got my 20-25 copies. I did get 12 at any average cost of $80, of which 10 are in NM+ condition, so those will be shipped out to get slabbed next week. Unless prices take a serious turn, I think I am content with what I picked up...

Seth

I was kind of shocked that a raw Saga went for $175 recently. I think that is a pretty big number at this stage of the game.

Sales today:

$159

$181

Currently 11 more still out for auction, and they are completing faster than new copies are being listed.

BTW, I never got my 20-25 copies. I did get 12 at any average cost of $80, of which 10 are in NM+ condition, so those will be shipped out to get slabbed next week. Unless prices take a serious turn, I think I am content with what I picked up...

Seth

Definitely. :)

Hmm. There seems to be another player out there soaking up RRP copies.

Whoever a**t is on eBay has won at least five of the last seven or so auctions between $130-$170 each...dang speculators.

How greedy of them.

I got one of mine today and the bottom right corner was bad. I'm also curious whether or not the top left corner tear is will be treated as a production error by CGC. Any opinions one way or another?

Definitely. :)

Two more copies sold yesterday in the $150-$175 range and there are now only 9 left on eBay as the original wave is about done.

I would say that your bet that this will be a $25 book went from the standard bet to a long shot. You were right that there are lots of RRPs that are readily available and not that collectible, but I think this one is looking more like the Fables 6, Batman 608 exceptions. Considering the size of Saga 1 printing, I think the 500 copies of Saga RRP will be the only real collectible issue from this series.

The only way I see this ever going back to $25 is if this series absolutely bombs, and based on the quality of the first two issues, I don't see that being likely.

I say the chances of this book ever averaging $25 is about 5 percent or less now. At what point would you agree or would you stubbornly say, "just wait" even if this thing started selling at "WD#1 prices"? lol

Seth

Edited by sclemons

The Fables 6 RRP was a $30-40 raw book for quite a while - it's always sold decently in CGC 9.8 (I paid $133 for one my CGC 9.8 copies back in 2009), but the high raw prices that you're currently seeing all happened within the last year or two.

You can't really compare it with the Batman 608 RRP :thumbsup: