• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

Mailed off my Saga Registry set today. I was sad to see it go, but I wouldn't own a grail otherwise... Pics to come in July

Awesome on the grail acquisition! I look forward to seeing it.

Interesting to see how members feel about the TBPs in the registry within that poll thread. I think the poll is fair and should be determined by consensus. Part of the reason why the registry is fun is because of other collectors chasing the same books/set. If adding TPBs drives collectors from participating it's not good. It's better to be top 3 in a registry with 100 people participating than to be #1 with no other registry collectors .

While I would probably never submit a TPB or buy a slabbed one, I understand the completist's state of mind (and vikingreed's "ooo, pretty). For me, TPBs are for reading over and over again.

I feel differently about the Image Firsts, though. I guess I like the challenge of finding them myself, and in high grade. For me, that is kind of the point of the registry - the challenge.

Interesting to see how members feel about the TBPs in the registry within that poll thread. I think the poll is fair and should be determined by consensus. Part of the reason why the registry is fun is because of other collectors chasing the same books/set. If adding TPBs drives collectors from participating it's not good. It's better to be top 3 in a registry with 100 people participating than to be #1 with no other registry collectors .

I agree wholeheartedly.

It looks like I'm in the minority regarding things like TPBs, but then again I never even thought of the nightmares like all of the additional printings of said TPBs.

That's why it is nice to have a community of more experienced Boardies who can help with these sorts of issues.

I see a 9.9 or 10.0, and think, "Oh, pretty. Must have...", hahaha.

Now I understand some of those pretties should be in non-competitive slots.

Great to see this outlook. Some registry discussions can get heated as people play games hoping for top spot. I can assure you that nothing is more frustrating than managing a set all year long and then someone adds a book near the deadline just to beat you out. Just check the Y The Last Man set vs the Y "Complete" set.

I agree wholeheartedly.

It looks like I'm in the minority regarding things like TPBs, but then again I never even thought of the nightmares like all of the additional printings of said TPBs.

That's why it is nice to have a community of more experienced Boardies who can help with these sorts of issues.

I see a 9.9 or 10.0, and think, "Oh, pretty. Must have...", hahaha.

Now I understand some of those pretties should be in non-competitive slots.

I don't think I can say this any better than how you already expressed it, so just gonna add a +1 to this comment!

:grin:

So are there only going to be 300 of the variant? The guy is asking for $400. I think that is way overpriced for a variant that isnt even a #1. Thoughts?

Of course it's overpriced. He's just trying to get that first-to-market bump.

So are there only going to be 300 of the variant? The guy is asking for $400. I think that is way overpriced for a variant that isnt even a #1. Thoughts?

Of course it's overpriced. He's just trying to get that first-to-market bump.

+1