• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

The sheep go marching 2 by 2 hoorah, hoorah

Hello, pot.

(tsk)

Fraid not old chap.

You call us sheep for wanting second prints. You have second prints in your Chew registry set. I may be a kettle, but it's hard to deny that you are a pot, no?

You are talking about a 2nd print of a reprint. You can also check the registry for what is not there and what has no registry points. The feeling here is that registry owners have to own this reprint and not that they want to. They could decide to have the registry work for them but seem content to follow the leader. Those are the sheep. (thumbs u

I participate in the registry, but as of today, I am not going to buy or search for a reprint of an image first. If am unable to add a 9.8 of it and my registry is incomplete so be it. I dont think a reprint of an image firsts belongs in the registry anyway, kinda like how I feel a TPB doesnt belong . If this is added to the registry, are we going to add the previews where saga first appears? How about the Fiona Staples Sketchbook since it contains Saga?

The registry is fun, there is no right or wrong way to collect, but I wont focus on hunting an image firsts reprinted in april. One Image Firsts is enough.

two cents.

BTW- How are they handling this with the walking dead registry? just curious.

Edited by jreezy

You can also ask that this reprint is a non-competitive slot. That way anyone who has to have it has a slot while those who are competing don't get frustrated. How many issues are we into Saga and look at the Image 1st releases. If this series goes 100+ issues then how many will there be? Who would not be frustrated? The CHEW TPB is not competitive. I did not slab any. The same would go for any subsequent Image 1st. I don't think anyone slabbed other TPB's when the 1st one was made non-competitive.

What you want to do is manage the registry set so the game players hit the road.

Totally see your point Jeff. Saga will definitely hit 100+ issues so we can see potentially see a ton of image firsts. Not sure I would want to go down that road. If this is the case, I may just drop out of this registry and focus on the first print w/ no variant registry.

If a TPB is added to the competitive registry. my decision would be alot easier.

Totally see your point Jeff. Saga will definitely hit 100+ issues so we can see potentially see a ton of image firsts. Not sure I would want to go down that road. If this is the case, I may just drop out of this registry and focus on the first print w/ no variant registry.

If a TPB is added to the competitive registry. my decision would be alot easier.

:wishluck:

WD has all of the various Image First printings listed.

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/PeopleSetDetail.aspx?PeopleSetID=76989

There is, however, a non-variant set as well.

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/PeopleSetDetail.aspx?PeopleSetID=78043

Two sets, complete with variants, and it looks like just one for all 1st printings, no variants.

If this is added to the registry, are we going to add the previews where saga first appears?

two cents.

BTW- How are they handling this with the walking dead registry? just curious.

Don't be silly . . . CGC can't slab a Previews lol . . . yet hm

j/k

There are currently four Image Firsts in the Walking Dead Registry set, the one that is meant to be complete with all variants and printings.

Is that what you were suggesting, Jeff? A set for Saga that is first prints only?

The Chew set also has the different Image Firsts separated into their own Registry slots.

hm

Maybe we should request no points value for the tbp's and Image Firsts from the Peter Panzerfaust set. :baiting:

The Chew set also has the different Image Firsts separated into their own Registry slots.

hm

Maybe we should request no points value for the tbp's and Image Firsts from the Peter Panzerfaust set. :baiting:

Thanks! I'll have to get that fixed in the Chew set.

I also requested the PP TPB be made non-competitive. If Nicole is able to combine slots then that is what I would suggest for the Saga Image 1st.

hm

Oh, thanks for that!!

haha

I think there should be sets with all the previews, printings, variants, etc., and then another set for the collectors who do not want to go this route (1st prints, no variants/previews/TPBs/etc).

My 2c .

Satisfies both kinds of collections.

The issue is, it takes so dang long to have sets made.

That's the way we organized WD.

CHEW is organized using the non-competitive slots.

For Y I requested a 2nd variant set when someone started playing games.

hm

Oh, thanks for that!!

haha

Carp! Noooooooo... I guess it wasn't clear that I was only joking!! :ohnoez:

I have two of the three tpb's and 1 is 9.9 & your one 10... Me and my big mouth; I don't mind the PP set including the tpb's... :(