• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Billy Wright FYI....

89 posts in this topic

I thought I should post this and also thought that the GA section would be the best place to post.

I have been getting many phone calls and emails asking when the rest of the Billy Wright books will be auctioned off and what books they will be.

This weeks Signature Auction will be most of the collection. The Sunday ACA ( Auction # 121209) will have about 30 Billy Wright books, and that is all for the collection other than the 4 books we moved to May because of duplication (All-Star 6, Action 35 and 38 and Adventure 51).

So, if ya want a Billy Wright book, you need to win one in one of the two auctions this week.

I hope that clears up any confusion :)

Happy bidding!

-Steve

Crack up all you want...when the cash register rings 3 million bucks.....its billys heirs that laughing all the way to the bank and you regretting 5 years from now you did not buy more...that is 50+ years talking son....

Mitch, you are truly an insufficiently_thoughtful_person. It is hard even to know where to start with you because you are just so clueless. :facepalm:

batman fan.....this is your comic book "daddy" talking, I mean how long have you collected based on your screen, you were not even born when I bought FF off the stands for 10cents.

Now I know, its hard, when you are faced with reality, and this collection is hard core, and is pedigree all the way. It is rare to buy the comic books for the FIRST time and not second hand at inflated prices

When they hit resale market...just wait, these prices paid today will seem cheap.

Face it, accept it, and Mannnup and buy it.....time will tell in the "billy books"

i don't have him technically on ignore, but my brain has adapted and just ignores him the old-fashioned way.

My hat is off to you Billy. I may just have to spend a few minutes figuring out how to put him on ignore.

you certainly won't be the first child to ignore their "daddy."

batman fan.....this is your comic book "daddy" talking, I mean how long have you collected based on your screen, you were not even born when I bought FF off the stands for 10cents.

Now I know, its hard, when you are faced with reality, and this collection is hard core, and is pedigree all the way. It is rare to buy the comic books for the FIRST time and not second hand at inflated prices

When they hit resale market...just wait, these prices paid today will seem cheap.

Face it, accept it, and Mannnup and buy it.....time will tell in the "billy books"

HUA.jpg

You get these young collectors thinking that they know the whole cycle of collecting comic books, and that what collecting is. Folks, it takes years and years to begin to see the pattern we are in. If you do a cost analysis on a year by year basis from 1970, patterns will begin to be clear to the collector, the investor or if you are both.

The billy books are not coming out every year. These events happen less and less as time goes on, you should not take this for granted. Buying the billy books today you are coming in on the ground floor.

Like I said before Mitch, you have got to be the most clueless person I have ever come in contact with. As far as you being my "daddy" you may have starting collecting before me, but not by much. The big difference is I held on to what I bought and can now realize a huge profit while you being the "visionary" of the comic world sold shortly after buying for a small profit. So when you finally extract your head from up your azz and come to your senses, send me a PM and I will take the effort to try and educate your clueless azz. (thumbs u

nice art collection batman- fan, impressive. Now when it comes to comics, If you are interested in where I am coming from, check out the jack kirby collector "the wonder years issue" one of the best written pieces ever about growing up with comics, a second book was the Dave Stevens book he wrote and which was released after he died, I see of lot me in him, in fact he gave me some pretty cool stuff over the years. You just had to be there and it is hard to explain, the early days of comic book shops,etc etc

I grew up on the best and I guess from your viewpoint I am still growing up.

nice art collection batman- fan, impressive. Now when it comes to comics, If you are interested in where I am coming from, check out the jack kirby collector "the wonder years issue" one of the best written pieces ever about growing up with comics, a second book was the Dave Stevens book he wrote and which was released after he died, I see of lot me in him, in fact he gave me some pretty cool stuff over the years. You just had to be there and it is hard to explain, the early days of comic book shops,etc etc

I grew up on the best and I guess from your viewpoint I am still growing up.

Mitch, the problem I have is you come on the board talking down to everyone like none of us know anything and just started collecting yesterday. I have been collecting non stop since 1972 so 40 years. I could write several long books on the stuff I wish I had bought. You telling me I will regret not buying all the Billy books is not insightful. I look back at the old Sotheby auction catalogs and wish I had bought a lot of the OA listed in it but I wasn't buying OA back then. I still look at some of the early Heritage auctions and think the same thing. I missed buying one of my splashes two times before finally acquiring it for a lot more than I would have paid had I bought it the first time. You aren't telling me or just about anyone else on the boards anything they don't already know.