• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Billy Wright FYI....

89 posts in this topic

The two centaurs little giants fall into that catogpry and I liked very early on in past post, the first batman app as a villain , you not likely to see these ever come on the market in that condition ever again

There are at least 7 Centaurs that are harder to find in the conditions offered than those Little Giants. I consider two of the Centaurs in this auction to be virtually unique books, extraordinarily difficult, hugely rare. Two others are only slightly less impossible to find. Nothing against those Little Giants (which are fine books in their own right), but they pale in comparison to some of the Centaur coolness in this auction.

:applause:

Yes good article. I was wondering who was going to inherit the tremendous proceeds from this auction and it appears to be 2 young sons of the niece of the wife of Billy Wright! Billy Wright had no kids and was an only child. I cannot for the life of me understand why Billy or his wife didn't sell their goldmine of a comic book collection while they were still living.

The two centaurs little giants fall into that catogpry and I liked very early on in past post, the first batman app as a villain , you not likely to see these ever come on the market in that condition ever again

There are at least 7 Centaurs that are harder to find in the conditions offered than those Little Giants. I consider two of the Centaurs in this auction to be virtually unique books, extraordinarily difficult, hugely rare. Two others are only slightly less impossible to find. Nothing against those Little Giants (which are fine books in their own right), but they pale in comparison to some of the Centaur coolness in this auction.

Win;

You should post here more often! (thumbs u

Yes, when I first received the catalogue a couple of weeks ago, the Centaurs were pretty well the only books that I put some early bids on. By then, a few of them were already running at over 6X condition guide. Some really nice one of a kind books that we'll probably never see again after this auction. :cloud9:

BTW: Any chance of providing us with any updates to your Windex scarcity index for the Centaur books? :wishluck:

BTW: Any chance of providing us with any updates to your Windex scarcity index for the Centaur books? :wishluck:

Oh gosh, I wish... I loved that project, it was a real passion.

I was a lowly analyst then, in retrospect I had no idea how much "free" time I had (I thought I felt busy...) Now I've got 17 people reporting to me and I travel constantly (NYC last week, Houston next week, Shanghai from March 3rd-10th). That scarcity thing is labor intensive, although I loved the work, and it's gotten completely crowded out of my schedule.

If I get lucky and lose my job or something, I'll definitely pick it back up! :)

Oh gosh, I wish... I loved that project, it was a real passion.

I was a lowly analyst then, in retrospect I had no idea how much "free" time I had (I thought I felt busy...) Now I've got 17 people reporting to me and I travel constantly (NYC last week, Houston next week, Shanghai from March 3rd-10th). That scarcity thing is labor intensive, although I loved the work, and it's gotten completely crowded out of my schedule.

If I get lucky and lose my job or something, I'll definitely pick it back up! :)

How about just a Top 20 list, in order of difficulty? hm

Win;

You should post here more often! (thumbs u

Yes, when I first received the catalogue a couple of weeks ago, the Centaurs were pretty well the only books that I put some early bids on. By then, a few of them were already running at over 6X condition guide. Some really nice one of a kind books that we'll probably never see again after this auction. :cloud9:

I don't follow GA that much, but one of the Centaur comics tweaked a memory from about 25 years ago, regarding the scarcity. At the time, it was considered one of the top 5 most valuable GA, just because of the scarcity.

But like everyone else, I'm going to coyly talk around it. :) It's not like I have enough to bid on it myself.

I don't follow GA that much, but one of the Centaur comics tweaked a memory from about 25 years ago, regarding the scarcity. At the time, it was considered one of the top 5 most valuable GA, just because of the scarcity.

But like everyone else, I'm going to coyly talk around it. :) It's not like I have enough to bid on it myself.

I don't think Aman5 has ever been a top 5 most valuable GA comic - and it pretty much has always been the most valuable Centaur.

My guess for rarest Centaur in the auction is a book that is currently sitting at $1900 right now...

(with a $4750 book close or equal)

.My guess for rarest Centaur in the auction is a book that is currently sitting at $1900 right now...

Now that the auction for these Centaurs are over, I assume you would be referring to one of the KDF books. hm

.My guess for rarest Centaur in the auction is a book that is currently sitting at $1900 right now...

Now that the auction for these Centaurs are over, I assume you would be referring to one of the KDF books. hm

Or AMF v2n5? hm

Or AMF v2n5? hm

Good guess Jeff, but AMF 2/5 is not one of the rarest Centaurs (one of Everett's best covers though, IMHO).

the KDF #10 is exceedingly scarce...as were a few of the star issues...

amf 2/4 and 2/6 are actually quite scarce, with the 2/4 bordering on rare (but I have seen 4 copies for sale in the past 2 years, so maybe not "that" rare)

the KDF #10 is exceedingly scarce...as were a few of the star issues...

amf 2/4 and 2/6 are actually quite scarce, with the 2/4 bordering on rare (but I have seen 4 copies for sale in the past 2 years, so maybe not "that" rare)

Yes, that's the KDF issue which I was referring to. (thumbs u

Didn't really wanted to mentioned the Star issues since they don't actually come up until Friday. I guess for Centaur collectors though, this is not any real news at all.

As for the AMF 2/4, it was the first book that I checked into when I received the catalogue earlier this month. Guiding at only around $300, but was already at $1,800 without the juice, with a couple of weeks to go at that time. :blush: