• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Billy Wright FYI....

89 posts in this topic

batman fan.....this is your comic book "daddy" talking, I mean how long have you collected based on your screen, you were not even born when I bought FF off the stands for 10cents.

Now I know, its hard, when you are faced with reality, and this collection is hard core, and is pedigree all the way. It is rare to buy the comic books for the FIRST time and not second hand at inflated prices

When they hit resale market...just wait, these prices paid today will seem cheap.

Face it, accept it, and Mannnup and buy it.....time will tell in the "billy books"

We need to start an "Ask Mitch Mehdy" thread :wishluck: I predict it will be the greatest thread ever. Insight like this needs to be shared (thumbs u

Yes, but it should be shared with all in Comics General. (thumbs u

Doing it here will not educate the masses as fully as doing it in COMICS GENERAL.

I would certainly DO IT IN COMICS GENERAL.

Yes sir, that's where I would do it............IN COMICS GENERAL. <<<<<<<<

I concur. Why keep his pearls of wisdom all to ourselves, when everybody in Comic General would benefit as well.

+1,000,000

I'm happy to say I own a few books, some from Pedigrees, that made their first appearance and sale at a Heritage Signature Auction.

All of them were bought later, often from a different venue, at a significant discount to their original Heritage selling price.

There are a handful of Billy Wright books that are true "keepers" that I expect to disappear into a collection for 10+ years, but most of these books will resurface in the coming months and years, and if history is any indication, sell at a discount.

So, go ahead everyone, MANN-UP, and pay that Heritage Premium. I don't mind.

I'll be happy to take that book off your hands in two years at a 30% discount when you consign it to C-Link.

Thanks Mitch. Keep at it. (thumbs u

Lou, this quality material available this auction and this years is unique. Just look at the frank robinson collection, the finest pulp collection ever brought to auction this month. Once the good stuff is gone, its gone for a long time, Billy books are not gonna be around in one shot like this. The time to get your stuff is NOW

Mitch, we all get the message! There are many smart, experienced people here.

What is interesting about the Billy Wright collection to many of us is the cluster of truly rare books among them. Would you even know which books beyond the obvious keys these might be I wonder?

Ha...excellent!!!

I made this very point a couple of times myself when Mitch pointed out three "sleepers" in this auction. I found it amazing that Mitch didn't mention the real sleepers that are in the Billy Wright collection. Some of these books might not be seen again in many years. That is the real beauty of this collection.

Not the usual suspects, but some of the "rare" books this collection that have not been available for years. Also I think a few might disappear again for many more years after this auction. :(

The two centaurs little giants fall into that catogpry and I liked very early on in past post, the first batman app as a villain , you not likely to see these ever come on the market in that condition ever again

There are at least 7 Centaurs that are harder to find in the conditions offered than those Little Giants. I consider two of the Centaurs in this auction to be virtually unique books, extraordinarily difficult, hugely rare. Two others are only slightly less impossible to find. Nothing against those Little Giants (which are fine books in their own right), but they pale in comparison to some of the Centaur coolness in this auction.