• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Billy Wright FYI....

89 posts in this topic

the KDF #10 is exceedingly scarce...as were a few of the star issues...

amf 2/4 and 2/6 are actually quite scarce, with the 2/4 bordering on rare (but I have seen 4 copies for sale in the past 2 years, so maybe not "that" rare)

Yes, that's the KDF issue which I was referring to. (thumbs u

Didn't really wanted to mentioned the Star issues since they don't actually come up until Friday. I guess for Centaur collectors though, this is not any real news at all.

As for the AMF 2/4, it was the first book that I checked into when I received the catalogue earlier this month. Guiding at only around $300, but was already at $1,800 without the juice, with a couple of weeks to go at that time. :blush:

I unexpectedly ended up the under bidder on one of those just because it was cool and I couldn't bear watching the price it was going for.

I thought I should post this and also thought that the GA section would be the best place to post.

I have been getting many phone calls and emails asking when the rest of the Billy Wright books will be auctioned off and what books they will be.

This weeks Signature Auction will be most of the collection. The Sunday ACA ( Auction # 121209) will have about 30 Billy Wright books, and that is all for the collection other than the 4 books we moved to May because of duplication (All-Star 6, Action 35 and 38 and Adventure 51).

So, if ya want a Billy Wright book, you need to win one in one of the two auctions this week.

I hope that clears up any confusion :)

Happy bidding!

-Steve

But Steve, where are the Supes? Seems hard to believe that Billy collected Action, Batman, Detective, Flash, Green Lantern, but no Superman?

I thought I should post this and also thought that the GA section would be the best place to post.

I have been getting many phone calls and emails asking when the rest of the Billy Wright books will be auctioned off and what books they will be.

This weeks Signature Auction will be most of the collection. The Sunday ACA ( Auction # 121209) will have about 30 Billy Wright books, and that is all for the collection other than the 4 books we moved to May because of duplication (All-Star 6, Action 35 and 38 and Adventure 51).

So, if ya want a Billy Wright book, you need to win one in one of the two auctions this week.

Happy bidding!

-Steve

But Steve, where are the Supes? Seems hard to believe that Billy collected Action, Batman, Detective, Flash, Green Lantern, but no Superman?

Not only that, but where were the Action 7 & 10? The collection had every early Action except for those two

Happy bidding!

-Steve

Not only that, but where were the Action 7 & 10? The collection had every early Action except for those two

I bet if Billy collected 7 or 10...I wouldn't be surprise due to the preservation, those books would be in 5.0+.

Happy bidding!

-Steve

I bet if Billy collected 7 or 10...I wouldn't be surprise due to the preservation, those books would be in 5.0+.

Based on the surrounding issues that sold yesterday, I'd say that's a lock. I spoke with another collector about this last night, and we both wondered if those books sold privately hm