• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why I'm not bidding on any items in the Heritage FEB Auction

176 posts in this topic

CA sales tax prevented me from bidding... Darn!?!?

I thought you didn't have to pay the CA sales tax when the invoice is over $1,500. Maybe I'm in for a surprise. (shrug)

Nope, I believe it's the opposite.. If it is under $1500, you don't need to have to pay for the sales tax.

or are we all ignoring the misspelling in thee title?

Pretty much.

If interested in this subject, check out youtube videos from one of the co-creators of reaganomics. Paul Craig Roberts predicts the US will be a 3rd world country in twenty years.

Paul Craig Roberts? Hell, that old fart don't know *spoon*, dude. In fact, he won't even be around to answer for his misguided predictions.

If you must give posthumous praise to a visionary, listen to Warren, no, not Buffet, ...ZEVON! He knew the score!

"...if California slides into the ocean like the mystics and statistics say it will

I predict this motel will be standing until I pay my bill"

Now THAT'S reality without any foggy crystal ball or saccharin coating; in the end, we're all just desperadoes under the eaves. (thumbs u

I have Fox News on channel block.

No offense, but that's the most intelligent thing you've posted so far in this thread.

With regards to my previous statement, I don't care about being PC.

Well, maybe you should start caring or find someplace like the Outside Asylum where you'll have a more receptive audience to this sort of reactionary rhetoric. Who knows, you might even be able to get this out of your system. (shrug)

I can understand the OPs desire to NOT participate in the Heritiage Auction. I hate those guys too.

but I think Heritage always runs a pretty good show!

: )

YOU are making fun of typos?!

Oh, the irony! :cool:

I can understand the OPs desire to NOT participate in the Heritiage Auction. I hate those guys too.

but I think Heritage always runs a pretty good show!

: )

You make a convincing argument to post when the vampire monkeys (2 and 4 yr. old boys) are not climbing up my back while typing.

Thanks for pointing out my mistakes.

My desire not to participate in this auction is due, in part, to the influx of easy money from the FED. If you think I'm trying to bring politics into the decision, I'm working very hard to discourage that line of discussion.

I believe easy money has influenced buyers decision making in bidding up prices. Perhaps, some time in the future, if economic hardship should break the 1% firewall, these 2012 dollars will not have the same purchasing power. Hence, hyper inflation leading to declining resale value.

It's less political when you don't mention one party or compare them to one another.

Example

Non political: I think the current finacial system is a house of cards.

Political: the current finacial system of party A makes party B look like schoolgirls.

All you have to do to keep things non-political is to leave politics out of your post. :makepoint:

The GA section used to be a refuge from all the BS of the outside world (and Comics General).

Besides, having to endure MM here is already more than some of us can bear...

The King pulled the stick out of the GA forum's collective arse. :eyeroll:

I'm in the middle portion of the 99%'ers, and I am bidding and buying comic books. :banana: I also have never slept in a park, or asked/demanded money from anyone unless I worked for it. Additionally, I have never peed or pooped on a downtown street or city park (unless it was in a space provided for that type of endeavor).

And I love Fox News. I have that MSPMS channel on block. (thumbs u

(how's that for non-political?)

I'm in the middle portion of the 99%'ers, and I am bidding and buying comic books. :banana: I also have never slept in a park, or asked/demanded money from anyone unless I worked for it. Additionally, I have never peed or pooped on a downtown street or city park (unless it was in a space provided for that type of endeavor).

(thumbs u

:facepalm:

:facepalm:

:facepalm::facepalm: