• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best place to buy back issues online?

54 posts in this topic

eBay

Comiclink

Sometimes Comic Connect / Metropolis. If it is a raw book worth more than $250 I make an appointment and go to the offices to make the purchase as they are located in NYC.

On a side note... if anyone here ever has the opportunity to go to the offices at Metropolis I urge you to do so. It is a museum of original art. The walls are lined with original artwork dating back to the Golden Age.

Really wish there was a solid one stop shop with decent pricing and spot on grading.

The website is beyond archaic, but email a serious wantlist and odds are you'll be pleasantly surprised. DOUG SULIPA'S COMIC WORLD

He seems like a nice guy, but putting aside shipping costs to/from Canada, if you are to believe what he writes in Overstreet, pretty much all of his inventory regularly moves for 100-150% of guide...even cheap stuff....aside from maybe moderns and what not. If that's how he's pricing stuff, it seems a bit high on most items.

I love Sulipia. His grading is solid and his prices are reasonable for what I buy.

Shipping from Canada isn't a problem for me.

I already found some great books on this board and hope to find even more during this weekends VCC...

But if you do want to by somewhere else do use the link in my sig. Like that I get some extra spending money with mycomics!

I used to buy with MH (my modern pull list), but when they started to come beat up because of the worst packaging ever (and no reaction to my complain mails) I went somewhere else.

New Kadia Here!

I submitted a bunch of comics to them...but I also graded one long box prior to submission - just to make sure they entered them all and graded what I would..and I would say 95% of the grades were what I wrote -

I can share my results with them here - but only if you all want to see a giant excel spreadsheet

Edited by ivegotneatstuff

I really like comiccollectorlive. The site itself can get slow but the dealers on there usually have great prices and selection. I've bought from several and have yet to be dissatisfied. I even had one dealer give me several comics for free because he realized once he pulled them from his boxes that he had overgraded them.

Doesn't seem there are many to choose from.

I think the quality at MileHigh is great but the prices are outrageous.

Mycomicshop has amazing prices but the quality can be hit or miss or really miss.

Any other options?

Very soon, everyone will have another site to purchase accurately graded books from.... ;)

Mycomicshop has amazing prices but the quality can be hit or miss or really miss.

Any other options?

Very soon, everyone will have another site to purchase accurately graded books from.... ;)

Hrah??? what site? :)

On comiccollectorlive, are the images you see from a particular store the actual copy they have on hand, or is that just a representative example?

Most are representative examples. Some do have their actual copies scanned in. I think some will even scan copies upon request.

unless his eyesight is failing him in his later years, gary dolgoff has always been a very tight grader. his website, however, is pretty basic and doesn't have much in the way of scans. mind you, i have not ordered off the website, but given his convention pricing and assuming that is not too different from his website pricing, I'm going to have to figure that his idea of Fair/Good might be someone else's idea of Fine, otherwise his web prices make no sense.

has anyone ordered online from him?

i know there was a missed glue gob or something on an expensive book that he made right recently, but all my buying from him has been at shows where I find his pricing pretty reasonable.

Any other options?

Hrah??? what site? :)

All in good time (thumbs u

Metropolis is quite good. For an unslabbed book, you may wish to buy one grade up from your usual , e.g., if you buy CGC 9.0 books, look for their unslabbed books rated 9.2.

You can enter your entire want list with Metropolis and they will email you matches weekly, or only new arrivals if you prefer.

On comiccollectorlive, are the images you see from a particular store the actual copy they have on hand, or is that just a representative example?

Most are representative examples. Some do have their actual copies scanned in. I think some will even scan copies upon request.

I both buy and sell there. For the most part my buying experience has been great. There are some really good sellers there who ship quickly and safely.

Here is a signed book that I was able to scan in to show what the book looks like.

Capt. Savage signed.

I have been doing much better here than I dd on feebay.

I am disabled with 7 discs above my tailbone dying and can't get out to the stores as much as I used to, so, I even get my weekly books from one of the sellers and they pack between cardboard, shrink wrapped, invoice, $1.00+ off cover price, and ship within 24 hours.