• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

List your favorite #1-100 Golden Age Books.

2,442 posts in this topic

I've been offline a few days for one reason or another.

wdcs_097.jpg

wdcs_098.jpg

BB: the 'bubble bath' cover of #96 was one of two versions that Barks drew. The first one was accepted by the editors and inked, but Barks redrew it to produce the one that eventually appeared. The first vesion is reprinted in the Barks Library, but the final one is a better composition all round.

3150165783_5096c6ac0a.jpg

I like the WF cover a little better but I think it is silver age.

3007132344_3ef62bff75.jpg

ga wf ends with issues in the late 70's to maybe early 80s

Ribbing aside, can I admit that this period of Action covers does not grab me?

I would still like to see the interior as I'd love to see the Zatara, Congo Bill and Vigilante stories :foryou:

I don't have a 98, but I'll post my 97 only because I finally have a higher grade than Cheetah!

WingsComics_97_Front_CGC_92_GA0001.jpg

We can always trade if it would make you feel better. :baiting:

Supe's powers had gotten completely bizarre and ill-defined at this point, hadn't they?

From leaping tall buildings to running in the air to flying to levitating here and on 99 -- not to mention his evolving eyesight and oral powers (super-breath, cold breath, super-lung capacity, super-vetriloquism, etc.)

Did the writers ever use super-smell or super-touch?

This part of the Action run really is odd.

Jack

4586630769_c504c94c11_z.jpg

Since Superman could fly, I am not sure anyone would be amazed with this trick. Another post-war fun cover I think.

bb

I don't have a 98, but I'll post my 97 only because I finally have a higher grade than Cheetah!

WingsComics_97_Front_CGC_92_GA0001.jpg

We can always trade if it would make you feel better. :baiting:

For the Fight #8 CGC 9.8? Deal!

lol Keep trying. One day, you never know what will happen.