• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

List your favorite #1-100 Golden Age Books.

2,442 posts in this topic

Captain Marvel Adventures 100

CaptainMarvelAdventures100.jpg

I hope we'll see a nicer copy of WDCS 100

wdcs100.jpg

*snif* Is it all over?

WA-A-A-AHHH!

I have to go back and look at the first 75 days.

Fun thread.

Jack

Supe's powers had gotten completely bizarre and ill-defined at this point, hadn't they?

From leaping tall buildings to running in the air to flying to levitating here and on 99 -- not to mention his evolving eyesight and oral powers (super-breath, cold breath, super-lung capacity, super-vetriloquism, etc.)

Did the writers ever use super-smell or super-touch?

This part of the Action run really is odd.

Jack

4586630769_c504c94c11_z.jpg

Since Superman could fly, I am not sure anyone would be amazed with this trick. Another post-war fun cover I think.

bb

I will have to read the story again to see if Superman found a new ability or flying was pretty common after Superman 8. I heard that he flew because of the radio show but one of the other artists or writers took credit for the idea too.

img2710.jpg

Wow! I've never seen it. GCD says Ernest Schroeder.

Apparently The Heap was selling better than Airboy at this point. The little noir vignette on the left is a nice touch.

Jack

I hope we'll see a nicer copy of WDCS 100

wdcs100.jpg

*snif* Is it all over?

WA-A-A-AHHH!

I have to go back and look at the first 75 days.

Fun thread.

Jack

I have one of those in the pile but no individual scan. I got it for my 30th birthday, 35 years ago.

here is a photo

7157907069_694639f73d_z.jpg