• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How do you keep track of your collection?

67 posts in this topic

I'm a Mac person, with an iPhone, and after trying to get Booxter and Collectorz to work on my three Macs (mine, the wifes and work comp) AND my iPhone, I eventually gave up after talking with support and messageboards and just created an Excel database that I access using Dropbox, so I have access to all my data, anywhere, anytime so I can see what I have, and what I need.

After all the hassle, it works out well.

Dude, for the IT dummies, what's Dropbox? I use Excel on my pc, but also have an IPad I would like the use.

I'm a Mac person, with an iPhone, and after trying to get Booxter and Collectorz to work on my three Macs (mine, the wifes and work comp) AND my iPhone, I eventually gave up after talking with support and messageboards and just created an Excel database that I access using Dropbox, so I have access to all my data, anywhere, anytime so I can see what I have, and what I need.

Dude, for the IT dummies, what's Dropbox? I use Excel on my pc, but also have an IPad I would like the use.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=what+is+dropbox

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=what+is+dropbox

Thank you

Comicbase makes it pretty easy to import from excel.

I love Comicbase! It has it's faults but most of them have nothing to do with the application itself. Very customizable, lots of info at your fingertips that you don't have to input yourself, weekly update (not free), reporting is stellar.

Cons are that it isn't cheap, no mobile app for me unless I pay $100 to upgrade to the next version and it tends to be a resource hog on your computer (to the point that I built a computer just for the app).

so it seems Collectorz.com is the preferred choice. is it a subscription service (yearly fee) or one time hit (buy the software and move on)?

One time fee.

Some major upgrades require an additional fee. I think I have paid for 1 or 2 upgrades in the 5years I have used the program, bringing to total cost so far to about $60.

I DL'd the trial version of this last night. Initially thought it was impressive till I tried to input 2 copies of the same book in different grades.

No instructions on how. If it can be done. I'd recommend it. If not, I'll go back to good old Excel.

Anyone here know if this is possible? Some expert guidance would be appreciated before I decide whether to buy a copy or not.

What software are you asking about?

CLZ Collectorz

Right-click on the comic book in the list view & select "duplicate" - that'll give you two slots for the same book, and you can then change the grades as you see fit.

Thanks for this.

Tried it and it works like a charm.

Entered the 100 books allowed in the trial and found it really easy to use. Searching is a doddle and visually, it's great to look at. Bought the Pro version last night. Now to start entering the entire collection.

Question to those that use the Collectorz software. Can you add actual scans of your book to each entry if you like? Does the program allow you to scan the barcode off of CGC labels and enter that information as well?

Thanks.

Quick question for those of you that use the COLLECTORZ software. Is there a way to note whether a comic book is raw or graded? Can you add the CGC information such as grade and/or graders notes?

Yes, you can add anything to the title of the book. If it's a graded book, I add "CGC 9.6", etc, to the "issue ext" field.

Also, I have a separate database for raw and graded books.