• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Price Variant Club
32 32

3,553 posts in this topic

thanks guys! yay.gif

well I would like to assume that this was an honest mistake, except for the fact that when i tried to call the guy, a lady answered and said, " No, there is no Dominic here, you have the wrong number" Plus the fact that he has not responded to any emails.

Yes, i have encountered "lifting" on other auctions before. And once, the guy totally admitted it was not his scan, and apologized and refunded my money two weeks later. That i can understand. So, i did not leave a negative feedback.

Can't ebay do something about lifting? i know alot of auctioneers do watermarking now on their photos, but it certainly gets in the way of taking a look at the comics.

In fact, the guy who bidded on my tomb of dracula 48 variant over a month ago, has never paid me. Even, after several emails. But, I am not going to leave him

negative feedback, because I will just cancel the auction and keep the variant!!

His loss, I figure. My 35 cent variant count is up to only 10 , though. Hard to find as you know. I have about 30 30 cent variants. I plan to do major slabbing next year, but if i ever run into extra copies of the ones i have, i'll offer them up here first!

I would be wary from now on about auctions from Vegas. Mainly because Craigslist had some similar scams going on a couple of months ago from Vegas too. Any relation, I wonder?

but no response from this guy, and i will definitely leave a negative!!

Frank

thumbsup2.gif Verry Cool story tay666 must be some Marvel books form the late 70's but I have no ideal what it could be but I would sure like to know. It is a shame he didn't give more clues in his story like what they changed about the comics it must have been something that was not all that noticible or it would have been found by now.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif I sure if it were to come to light what they were they would be very sought after now.

I also wonder what that 12 cent marvel was that he found 14,000 copy's of 893whatthe.gif.

Edited by cosmic-spider-man

I also wonder what that 12 cent marvel was that he found 14,000 copy's of 893whatthe.gif.

Bet it was something like Captain America 132.

I know I got a copy from them for free. Way back when they were doing special coupons in their catalogs.

I also remember that one always being listed for cheap in their catalogs and on sale on their website.

thanks guys! yay.gif

well I would like to assume that this was an honest mistake, except for the fact that when i tried to call the guy, a lady answered and said, " No, there is no Dominic here, you have the wrong number" Plus the fact that he has not responded to any emails.

Yes, i have encountered "lifting" on other auctions before. And once, the guy totally admitted it was not his scan, and apologized and refunded my money two weeks later. That i can understand. So, i did not leave a negative feedback.

Can't ebay do something about lifting? i know alot of auctioneers do watermarking now on their photos, but it certainly gets in the way of taking a look at the comics.

In fact, the guy who bidded on my tomb of dracula 48 variant over a month ago, has never paid me. Even, after several emails. But, I am not going to leave him

negative feedback, because I will just cancel the auction and keep the variant!!

His loss, I figure. My 35 cent variant count is up to only 10 , though. Hard to find as you know. I have about 30 30 cent variants. I plan to do major slabbing next year, but if i ever run into extra copies of the ones i have, i'll offer them up here first!

I would be wary from now on about auctions from Vegas. Mainly because Craigslist had some similar scams going on a couple of months ago from Vegas too. Any relation, I wonder?

but no response from this guy, and i will definitely leave a negative!!

Frank

Frank,

I had a similar situation occur to me about 5 months ago on Ebay. I purchased a set of Amazing Spidermans 298,299, 300 and 305-320 All in NM condition for about $70 including shipping. It was an early morning auction poorly listed. The seller didn’t take paypal so I had to send a money order.(BIG RED flag, but for years I didn’t take credit cards thru paypal so I can understand that.) Sent the money never heard from buyer.

I finally called after a month. Seller claimed going thru a divorce and would mail out comics Monday. 3 weeks later no comics. Needless to say I was pissed. frustrated.gif So I started calling my local police who told basically to bother somebody else and call his police which I did. The local deputies down there jumped all over it and within a week they had visited his house to discuss the matters. (I think it helps if you tell them you are willing to go to court as all police I think hate going to court.) 3 weeks later a and two police visits later the money order arrived for the full amount. Make sure to tell the police you aren’t concerned as much about the money(which you are of course), but more to the fact that you don’t want to let him do it to anyone else. Apparently they threatened to throw the book at him and I had always sent a certified letter stating that I would do the same. If you want more detail just PM me.

Speaking of variants, anyone know which books were involved in this tale?

http://www.milehighcomics.com/tales/cbg70.html

Seems to me if the plates were changed for a shipment to one location, they would be pretty rare.

Thanx for the link fascinating story. I read the entire Mile High Collection story. What an awesome find.

Hey guys.

I finaly got my first $.30 variant!

Well, I don't have it yet, but it will be here soon.

CONAN 61

I know I probably overpaid for it, but I had the extra cash, and it was there.

Now I just have to find a $.35 variant.

Thanks Darth.

I was just looking for information about Whitman variants when I stumbled across this forum. Now I have learned about all the other cool stuff to look for.

Price variants, pence variants etc.

Now I am going to go whole hog on my conan (and related) collection.

Newstand, direct, price, even foriegn issues.

It's like I'm starting all over again.

It's thanks to you guys that I am actively seeking back issues again for the first time in probably 10 years.

Hey guys.

I finaly got my first $.30 variant!

Well, I don't have it yet, but it will be here soon.

CONAN 61

I know I probably overpaid for it, but I had the extra cash, and it was there.

Now I just have to find a $.35 variant.

893applaud-thumb.gif

Now send the variant to the person whose name appears at the top of the list. Then add your name to the bottom of the list and send the list to as many people as you can. When your name gets to the top of the list, you can be a HOARDER....

Like DarthDiesel 893whatthe.gif............................................lol

Just kidding, Carl----- hail.gifhail.gif

Mysteriously, the 30 variant logos have reverted back to the normal 25 cent covers and the Marvel Value stamps have been all cut out of the books Carl was to ship to Harry... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif27_laughing.gif

Sorry Bro--My computer was Hijacked by this guy:

680269-darthdance%5B2%5D.JPG

589a8c97b0b87_680269-darthdance2.JPG.ac0c5df8922dfca443325009b97a9477.JPG

Edited by ShieldAgent

Mysteriously, the 30 variant logos have reverted back to the normal 25 cent covers and the Marvel Value stamps have been all cut out of the books Carl was to ship to Harry... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif27_laughing.gif

Please tell me the anti-variant plague described above was restricted to those shipped to the Northeast! confused.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif