• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Price Variant Club
32 32

3,553 posts in this topic

Thanks FD, but I just got one in a trade with Cosmic-Spider-Man. Do you have Adventures on the Planet of the Apes 6 and 7 or any horror reprints other than WWT #17? Let me know and you will have a sale. laugh.gif

Planet of the Apes 7 grin.gif

hypnotic.gifBid Now!!! hypnotic.gifBid Now!!! hypnotic.gifBid Now!!! hypnotic.gifBid Now!!!

I got the POTA #7 today and in great shape. Thanks FD.

I've been at this for 5 months and still have 9 to go. Just curious as to how long it took those with complete sets or close to complete sets to get it together. I figure it will take around a year or a little more. I am in the ballpark?

confused-smiley-013.gif

I've been at this for 5 months and still have 9 to go. Just curious as to how long it took those with complete sets or close to complete sets to get it together. I figure it will take around a year or a little more. I am in the ballpark?

confused-smiley-013.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

It took me 4 years

confused-smiley-013.gif

Took me almost 6. You have a distinct advantage over Donut and I, though. frustrated.gif So many other people are looking for them that even the tougher issues show up with some consistency. I'll guess it takes you 2 years. Those last 2 or 3 are usually ball-busters.

Okay, thanks guys I can live with another year and a half or so. I just hope there are enough of those tough westerns around by the time I get to 2 or 3. Is there some consensus on how many of those Cat 5 comics exist... less than 20 for some I would think. Although MMW #45 doesn't seem nearly as rare as the Kid Colts. Opinions?

I received my order from Don today and they are just lovely. The package was incredible and probably could have tossed off a building without any damage (though I would be hesitant to try it). tongue.gif Thanks to Don for making this available to Board members before anyone else. Where else could I have gotten 3 Cat 5 and 2 Cat 4 variants but here? grin.gif Here is the WWT #16. Although grading at a 7.5 it looks better than most 8.5 comics I've seen. Sorry for the rant but it was exciting to find the package waiting for me and Don even threw in a couple HTD #4 variants so I got an upgrade in the deal as well. 893applaud-thumb.gif

wwt16var.jpg

I received my order from Don today and they are just lovely. The package was incredible and probably could have tossed off a building without any damage (though I would be hesitant to try it). tongue.gif Thanks to Don for making this available to Board members before anyone else. Where else could I have gotten 3 Cat 5 and 2 Cat 4 variants but here? grin.gif Here is the WWT #16. Although grading at a 7.5 it looks better than most 8.5 comics I've seen. Sorry for the rant but it was exciting to find the package waiting for me and Don even threw in a couple HTD #4 variants so I got an upgrade in the deal as well. 893applaud-thumb.gif

wwt16var.jpg

Ditto here... Don (Stromm) sent a perfectly packed box and protected wach book including the unslabbed. Don and Linda have been nothing but saints for dealing with us and our "demands" Don seems to be giving away those HTD 4s tongue.gif Thanks again for helping me finally complete the set! The last two I needed were Ringo Kid 28 (4gemworks) and KCO 208 (Stromm/Don and Linda/Gateway Comics)...

now I just have to work on that registry set and scans once I get the upgrades I need devil.gif

y'all being experts and all on this, did i lose my mind when I paid 2004 OPG guide or slightly under for a 30 cent x-men 100 variant in maybe Fine/Fine+? If I intend to resell (which I'm not sure I do), should it make a difference in that grade whether it's slabbed and, if so, would it really matter if it's CGC or one of the (cheaper) others?

i see there's one up right now, but no ebay history for the last 30 days on that book. the current seller must think it's a big deal because he paid for a featured listing.

given that it's a book i'd want, variant or not, i figure it's no big deal (my other x-men 100 is very beat to heck), but had i been buying the regular version in mid-grade i certainly would have shot for a better discount or passed on the book.

any idea what the market on this book is in that grade?

y'all being experts and all on this, did i lose my mind when I paid 2004 OPG guide or slightly under for a 30 cent x-men 100 variant in maybe Fine/Fine+? If I intend to resell (which I'm not sure I do), should it make a difference in that grade whether it's slabbed and, if so, would it really matter if it's CGC or one of the (cheaper) others?

i see there's one up right now, but no ebay history for the last 30 days on that book. the current seller must think it's a big deal because he paid for a featured listing.

given that it's a book i'd want, variant or not, i figure it's no big deal (my other x-men 100 is very beat to heck), but had i been buying the regular version in mid-grade i certainly would have shot for a better discount or passed on the book.

any idea what the market on this book is in that grade?

You paid under the Fine price? Then I think you got a great deal. I would say market would bear 9.0 price for a book in that condition. Maybe a little more?

Where is the 35 cent variant on the cover? This isn't complete.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif I was watching that auction and wandering did they just paste or glue all the Text on comic cover orginal art before they sent them off to the engravers looks that way and it also looks like some of it is falling off? And what is with the Master of Kung Fu's head did they cut that out of another comic?

666914-TiO29.jpg

893scratchchin-thumb.gif How did they go about doing the different price verisions like the 35 cent variant the 12p UK and the diamond direct market verision did they just paste or tape the new price over the 30 cent price and make four sets of plates if so did the other prices just fall of the orginal art or maybe the engravers removed it to use on the next comic does anyone on hear know how this was done confused-smiley-013.gif. Maybe DiceX knows gossip.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gif.

sumo.gifsumo.gif Also I would like to Congratulate Darth and ShieldAgent on completeing their 30 variant sets very COOL cool.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif.

666914-TiO29.jpg.ba09c9bacb53725bd3fdd938d7a38fb6.jpg

Edited by cosmic-spider-man

You can tell that the pricebox including thing and master of kung-fu is a seperate piece of cardboard. Maybe they had several different pieces like that? It would be kind of cool to see a 35 cent variant piece though.

I also wonder why Marvel Two-In-One is covered up with another Marvel-Two-In-One. At first I thought this was the old Marvel Two-On-One but that doesn't seem to be the case. Weird?

sumo.gifsumo.gif Also I would like to Congratulate Darth and ShieldAgent on completeing their 30 variant sets very COOL cool.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif.

Hey Terry--thanks for the congrat's, but I am still one shy....... blush.gif

It is my bud, Carl that is done.. hail.gif893whatthe.gifthumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Someone please find me my last book............ 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

It would be kind of cool to see a 35 cent variant piece though.

Yea that would have been cool. has anyone ever seen a orginal cover from that time with the 35 cent variant price on it?

cool.gif Also thought I would post a comparison of the art and the variant.

667032-mto29comparson.jpg

667032-mto29comparson.jpg.e9b4ea2da69b766be70d7b50842cb982.jpg

Edited by cosmic-spider-man

Hey Terry--

Regarding my sig..... I am trying to be like you thumbsup2.gif

Yes--same book different guy--whatever, huh. I will find one someday takeit.gif

On a related note to variants--I copied the picture of your collection, and gave it to my daughter for a show in Glen Burnie, and at Tysons. Can you picture it:

Dealer: "Hey little girl, what are you looking for?"

8YO Girl: "I am searching for 35 cent variants--my dad has OCD." insane.gif

Dealer: "Hey, I have seen that picture before.....in Tennessee."

Dad: "Time to move to the next dealer." wink.gif