• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manhattan Projects

1,044 posts in this topic

I was hoping that the registry set for MP would be set up by this award season, as I requested it months ago. I know Gemma is busy, but it still makes me :(

aye CGC doesn't make any money off of the awards so I understand them not making it priority. they eventually show up though...like my economy submissions.

Had a blast hanging out at Heroes this past weekend. Nick killed the hardcovers and his commission list. The panel was great, as well. He and Jonathan have big plans for the book. The story is mapped out for this series to last a while. It's going to be a fun ride.

Just some of the awesome art Nick produced at the show:

BMVCFNLCUAA3IPu.jpg

BMVIvjsCMAMidac.jpg

BMUz_iuCcAAHKIr.jpg

BMUmFfiCcAIs0V2.jpg

BMUa7MUCEAABEdj.jpg

BMTdXbaCcAExGzJ.jpg

BMUAHHwCUAANvL0.jpg

BMR_N8ZCEAEHUS6.jpg

BMPiqm-CEAMNYJa.jpg

BMPezWYCYAAz3GK.jpg

MP1hickmansketch3.jpg

Nick will be at SDCC this year to attend the Eisners. He won't have a table, so will arrange his commission list ahead of time. I'll be helping him organize it. Details to follow soon!

ALL of those are :censored: amazing!!! I love how much detail is put into each piece. My fav has got to be the sketches in the HC MP books. Keep us updated about the commissions Felix and thanks for sharing.

I read the first couple issues a while back and it really didn't do anything for me. Then a couple of weeks ago I read the series as a trade and now I am hooked!

Maybe the best issue yet. As usual, rave reviews across the board. Enjoy this one in particular:

http://www.comicbastards.com/homepage/2013/6/12/review-the-manhattan-projects-12.html

A snippet:

The Manhattan Projects is, without question or equal, the most deftly-layered story on the market today, and its twelfth issue exemplifies exactly why that is by ripping asunder everything we were led to believe in its preceding issue while maintaining, if not enhancing, the overall integrity of the narrative. Every time you think you know what’s going on in this book, Hickman pulls out a stiletto and jabs it in the jugular, looking at you in the eyes as the body you’d just been hugging drops to the floor.

He forces you to live moments repeatedly, using the comic book form to present them in new, edifying ways. And yet, as serious as he can be in rewriting this story almost as soon as it develops, there is still this inescapable sense of fun, as we play alongside some of the most devilish monsters throughout history and myth.

The only person I could conceive of drawing this book is Nick Pitarra. I apologize for the continued fawning, but this guy’s stuff is simply first rate, and adds yet another dimension to this story as a whole, again proving the unique powers of the comic book form.

There’s just something palpable about his pounded meat, grown-up Rugrats style that completely encapsulates the gristly sort of fun Hickman has created in this story. His visual characterization of each member of The Projects in that last panel, for example, is nothing short of sublime.

In short, you need to believe the hype around this book. I’m not being hyperbolical when I say that The Manhattan Projects is quite possibly the most original, completely engrossing non-superhero comic book series I have ever read, and if you’re not reading it, there is something fundamentally wrong with you at the subatomic level.

Score: 5/5

Did anybody else come across copies of Manhattan Projects #12 with messed up covers today? Every copy at my LCS had what I can best describe as a big indentation line that ran from the top of the book to the bottom.

Did anybody else come across copies of Manhattan Projects #12 with messed up covers today? Every copy at my LCS had what I can best describe as a big indentation line that ran from the top of the book to the bottom.

Some of my shop's supply had those too. I very nearly bought one as the rest of the book was cherry, but luckily I noticed it and traded in before I paid.

Another great issue. Interestingly, I was talking to Felix about what would happen with the alien who survived the SIil genocide on Sunday. I guess Jonathan and Nick decided to get started on an answer...

I think I read in the EoW thread that some stores had this problem with issue 3 last week. My LCS was fine for EoW but every copy of MP 12 had an indent running the entire length.

My 11 year old son is a huge sci-fi fan, he likes to read Stephen Hawking and he's a big fan of Einstein. He's well on his way to being as big a nerd as his old man. He also loves to draw. I know MP isn't really child appropriate but I knew he would love it so I started reading it with him. He's really loving the story and reading up on the historical characters. Today he did some sketches and, I may be a bit biased, but I think they're amazing

null_zps54de826f.jpg

null_zpsf0aef587.jpg

null_zpse5be051e.jpg

My 11 year old son is a huge sci-fi fan, he likes to read Stephen Hawking and he's a big fan of Einstein. He's well on his way to being as big a nerd as his old man. He also loves to draw. I know MP isn't really child appropriate but I knew he would love it so I started reading it with him. He's really loving the story and reading up on the historical characters. Today he did some sketches and, I may be a bit biased, but I think they're amazing

null_zps54de826f.jpg

null_zpsf0aef587.jpg

null_zpse5be051e.jpg

:golfclap: