• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manhattan Projects

1,044 posts in this topic

Cracking book,

Issue 8 is certainly worthy of a few re-reads, my only gripe is I now have to wait another bleeding month for the next instalment. I really cannot decide which I like best between this, Revival, Hawkguy and Saga - so much good shizzle out there at the mo!'

One of the titles I look most forward to every month (along with Rachel Rising)! I like the others you have listed as well.

Tough to say.

Two have closed this month. One went out at $46 on the 15th or so, and another was bought as BIN for $85 a couple of days ago.

Looks like interest is rising, but two sales is a pretty small sample.

That was a healthy result on that 9.8 #1! I want a copy, and love this series, but I have trouble paying $250 for any modern.

Love this series, too. But given that there was a 17K print run, and less than 100 9.8s so far in the census, I would expect more 9.8s to be available in the near future. Especially as a result of this sale. And we'll see where prices settle. Water seeks its own level, etc.

As well, whether you collect OA or not, pages for this series average less than $250. Even pages from #1. There are only 20 pages per issue. As a comparable value, I don't think a 9.8 should sell for more than a page of OA.

Regardless, it's a very cool series and definitely worth picking up the first TPB.

That was a healthy result on that 9.8 #1! I want a copy, and love this series, but I have trouble paying $250 for any modern.

Love this series, too. But given that there was a 17K print run, and less than 100 9.8s so far in the census, I would expect more 9.8s to be available in the near future. Especially as a result of this sale. And we'll see where prices settle. Water seeks its own level, etc.

As well, whether you collect OA or not, pages for this series average less than $250. Even pages from #1. There are only 20 pages per issue. As a comparable value, I don't think a 9.8 should sell for more than a page of OA.

Regardless, it's a very cool series and definitely worth picking up the first TPB.

I agree on all fronts. I did actually pick up a page from #1 at the Austin WW show, purchased directly from Pitarra, and as I recall it was indeed $250.

I am glad to see prices escalating as it is a really awesome book, but I don't think they are sustainable at this level that they've shot up to seemingly recently. I guess we'll see, but I would be selling into this spike if I had more than one.

#1 2nd printing is almost non-existant on ebay...not sure why the guy selling it is calling it the atomic bomb cover, that's actually issue #3. Should probably call this one the Land of the Rising Sun cover.

Edited by krighton