• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manhattan Projects

1,044 posts in this topic

The 2nd prints are tough, but I don't know that it is truly a $125 book raw. I would also think it north of $25 in raw HG. 3rd prints are tougher, I just picked up the only one I saw (top of page 19 of this thread). I do like the 2nd prints and will be picking them up when I can find them. MP is becoming my sole collecting focus for modern books. I read plenty of others, but will only work on collecting floppies of MP.

I'm glad prices are settling down for MP. Too much, too soon is not good for longevity. Hope people just enjoy the read, without being too concerned with any value. The sudden rise in values for other Image books is a boon for wheeler-dealers, but when values start to fall, the books get unfairly stigmatized as "losers". The good ones don't deserve that, so hope MP continues to fly under the radar of speculators.

I don't disagree with that. Books that have prices that seemingly spiral ever upwards (Saga, and definitely Nowhere Men) can get overinflated and bubble out. I don't really see that with MP, and am pleased that it is doing well but not getting into crazytown.

In this day of rapid and universal TPB reprinting, I am always leery of such frothy prices for recent books. I mean, if you want to read the story (and books like Saga and NM are definitely worth reading) there is no reason to pay $100+ for issues that you can get very soon (and already for many of these hot books) in a TPB. And you don't need to worry about dinging the book while you read it, so you can actually enjoy the experience rather than being terrified about losing half your investment because you dared to open it.

Just got this in the mail today from an eBay purchase. Claimed to be a NM copy, it is more like a 9.8 copy. Bit of a printer line in the lower right corner, but structurally as gorgeous as they come. :headbang:

MP03-2nd.jpg

The #4 has a few of those black smudges common to these white border Image books, but is structurally gorgeous like the #3. :cloud9:

MP04-2nd.jpg

I'm glad prices are settling down for MP. Too much, too soon is not good for longevity. Hope people just enjoy the read, without being too concerned with any value. The sudden rise in values for other Image books is a boon for wheeler-dealers, but when values start to fall, the books get unfairly stigmatized as "losers". The good ones don't deserve that, so hope MP continues to fly under the radar of speculators.

Agreed. Not least because the constant speculation chat is boring.

Agreed. Not least because the constant speculation chat is boring.

That is certainly why this thread isn't 300 pages by now. If MP was seen as a speculative play there would be much more filler in here. Hell, the Bedlam thread was over 200 pages before the book came out I think, and it definitely wasn't the story being discussed. It was page after page of how many copies people had hoarded of which variant. Very boring.