• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manhattan Projects

1,044 posts in this topic

The price of #1 has been fluctuating greatly on ebay. Wonder where it will settle at.

I love this book, but think the prices were all speculator driven.It's just not a wide appeal book. I can see them all dropping to cover price in the not-too-distant future.

Wish I'd sniped this one, personally.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Manhattan-Projects-1-9-/160975624821?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item257ae51a75

Edited by mattbird

Not sure what happened with that auction, at least four of those books are worth that bid price by themselves at the moment.

I doubt the #1 will drop to cover price, and I anticipate that 9.8s will come down but not go under maybe $75-100 unless the series ends (then further drops are possible and likely). This is the main reason I haven't picked up a slabbed #1 even though I would really like one. Prices are too volatile, generally to the downside trend at present, and I'm not going to try to time the leveling out. There is always time to buy, and I think we are seeing some people that were speculating are cashing out after that near $250 sale 3-4 weeks ago. Prices have dropped like $100 since then.

Personally I am looking for later printings of these books. I need just one more 2nd print to have a full raw set of all printings.

I get that, but at that price it is about $1.50 a book to have readers or give them to someone who hasn't discovered the title as a gift. It may even be cheaper than buying the TPB (not sure of the cover price), and you get 9 issues instead of only 6. As long as the pages are in there someone got a fantastic deal.

The price of #1 has been fluctuating greatly on ebay. Wonder where it will settle at.

I love this book, but think the prices were all speculator driven.It's just not a wide appeal book. I can see them all dropping to cover price in the not-too-distant future.

Wish I'd sniped this one, personally.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Manhattan-Projects-1-9-/160975624821?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item257ae51a75

The only reason that auction sold so cheap was because the seller sold it as a buy it now. If you click the 1bid next to the price it will show that it was a buy it now sale.

Also if you look at the start time of the auction you'll see that the auction only lasted 26 minutes which was probably how long it took for the auction to show up on eBay after it was listed.

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&_trksid=p2047675.l2565&rt=nc&item=160975624821

Wasn't the #1 2nd print going for a decent amount of money?

My full run (at the time it was listed) ends tonight, so we will see what a current price is. 156 views, 32 watchers, 15 bids from 9 different users.