• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manhattan Projects

1,044 posts in this topic

Great interview, thanks for posting the link!

Another 9.8 #1 has popped up on eBay, looks like that $256 result has shaken at least one more loose...

Link to the 9.8 #1

$179.38. As expected, down from last week's $256.

Although prices should start stabilizing as the census numbers grow, the fact is, last week an MP #1 9.8 sold for $256. So I wanted to give props to boardie Par2ch. I put a WTB ad for 9.8s a couple of weeks ago, offering $100 for a 9.8 when the going rate was $80 or so on eBay. Par2ch PM'd me to say he had a few in the pipeline and would be getting them the following week. He agreed to sell one of them to me for $100. Before he got them, though, the $256 sale happened. It would have been easy for him to back out. But he stuck to his word. Just wanted to give Par2ch props for being a solid dealer. (thumbs u

Is the 2nd printing of #1 really worth this? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/THE-MANHATTAN-PROJECTS-1-ULTRA-RARE-2ND-PRINT-ATOMIC-BOMB-VARIANT-COVER-NM-/271132791004?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item3f20c610dc

I thought I had 2 first prints of #1 but when I looked I realised it was one 1st print and one 2nd print and assumed the 2nd print would be close to worthless... I'm new to this :grin:

Is the 2nd printing of #1 really worth this? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/THE-MANHATTAN-PROJECTS-1-ULTRA-RARE-2ND-PRINT-ATOMIC-BOMB-VARIANT-COVER-NM-/271132791004?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item3f20c610dc

I thought I had 2 first prints of #1 but when I looked I realised it was one 1st print and one 2nd print and assumed the 2nd print would be close to worthless... I'm new to this :grin:

Not sure, but MP is hot right now. Try doing a completed listen search and see what it turns up.

AND

Welcome to the boards ~ Where all your wildest dreams can come true :grin:

Not sure, but MP is hot right now. Try doing a completed listen search and see what it turns up.

AND

Welcome to the boards ~ Where all your wildest dreams can come true :grin:

Yeah I tried the completed listing search and the best I found was one that sold for about a 10th of that asking price! But that was over a month ago and I know how quickly these things can change these days.

AND

Thank you :)

picked up a #1 first print at a local mall sports/collectible show over the weekend for $20...the dealer was surprised he had it in one of his boxes and said that if i didn't take it he would up his price....I gotta find time to read it now.

Same dealer was selling Saga #1 for $80, NM #1 for $30, Revival #1 for $30....so I think I got a pretty good deal...

According to my LCS #9 has been pushed back a week, so it will come out on the 13th and not the 6th.

It will be worth the wait. A continuation of the all-out action of #8. Here's a sneak peek, courtesy of Twitter:

mpteam.jpg

Those print runs were listed someplace. I want to say that the run on #1 was like 37,000 but someone could confirm/correct that.

What I would like to know is the print run of the NYCC hardcover, if anyone has that.

Those print runs were listed someplace. I want to say that the run on #1 was like 37,000 but someone could confirm/correct that.

What I would like to know is the print run of the NYCC hardcover, if anyone has that.

IIRC, the print run for #1 was around 17K.

Based on a few eBay descriptions, the print run for the NYCC hardcover was 500. But again, I just got that off eBay, so take that for what it's worth.

Per the image press release:

Jonathan Hickman (NYCC Spotlight Guest) — NYCC Exclusive THE MANHATTAN PROJECTS VOLUME ONE: SCIENCE, BAD hardcover (limited to 500)

Per the image press release:

Jonathan Hickman (NYCC Spotlight Guest) — NYCC Exclusive THE MANHATTAN PROJECTS VOLUME ONE: SCIENCE, BAD hardcover (limited to 500)

Nice, Im glad I grabbed so many then. I thought it was 1500 for some reason.

IIRC, the print run for #1 was around 17K.

Based on a few eBay descriptions, the print run for the NYCC hardcover was 500. But again, I just got that off eBay, so take that for what it's worth.

At least I got the 7 right in the second digit! I'll try to remember where I found that figure. Thanks for the HC number! Just got one thanks to a boardie and was curious.