• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is Your Show Etiquette ?

41 posts in this topic

I have witnessed some books falling off my shelf from a helper I know very well. Needless to say the slow motion reactions from others around him were priceless and thankfully no book was damaged.

Sounds like a huge twit hm

Jim

I hear it was such a big deal they named a Pedigree after the incident.

Bah...unrecognised by CGC, the Fall Collection was more of a selling point like the Dallas Stephens books. :baiting:

Jim

I like to have a nice shower, clean clothes, deodorant, & perhaps some cologne when attending cons.

You left out dark sunglasses so you can move through a con undetected.

I have witnessed some books falling off my shelf from a helper I know very well. Needless to say the slow motion reactions from others around him were priceless and thankfully no book was damaged.

Jim

The S.O.T. Pedigree?

Jim

Bah...unrecognised by CGC, the Fall Collection was more of a selling point like the Dallas Stephens books. :baiting:

Jim

It doesn't matter what CGC says. All that matters is how collectors feel about them.

:insane:

Just be clean and polite. As for what to carry your books in, I just keep my books inside old-fashioned Showcase Sealers...a hard shelled holder. Wish I could find more in Silver/Golden Age size. Impractical for showing your books, but great for transporting them safely.

Me and my crew just walk around the convention floor dressed like this and we seem to always get plenty of room to pass by folks. Now for some reason people seem to stare a bunch. I think they are just jealous. lol

lmfao.jpg

Me and my crew just walk around the convention floor dressed like this and we seem to always get plenty of room to pass by folks. Now for some reason people seem to stare a bunch. I think they are just jealous. lol

lmfao.jpg

That pic is wrong on so many levels. :eek:

lmfao.jpg

That pic is wrong on so many levels. :eek:

Is that jealousy? (shrug)

lmfao.jpg

Still Party Rockin'

:headbang:

I like to have a nice shower, clean clothes, deodorant, & perhaps some cologne when attending cons.
+1

I wish everyone in the hobby felt the same.

+2. Oh god, +2.

Has anyone else had to completely avoid a dealers table because there was one gentlemen there (either dealing, or buying) producing such an odour you couldn't be near?

More than once.

I like being able to go behind the table to get a closer look at wall books but a big part of that is because I'm getting old and my distance vision isn't as good as it used to be. But if I want to examine a book I'm thinking of buying, I always ask the dealer to take it out of the bag. Likewise, I'll ask them to return the book to the bag if I'm not going to buy it. I buy lots of golden age so examination of the book is a must. I want to check the paper quality and count pages. It's best done behind the table, away from the crowd.

My new plan for the next Comicon I attend:

Diet of hard boiled eggs and beer for at least one week beforehand. Dark, heavy beer like Heineken or Lowenbrau.

Ditch the razor for approximately two weeks.

Work out like a madmen for the week leading up to the con.

No laundry for one week.

Clearly not going to bathe or go anywhere near any type of water source.

Have my pick of books since I will offend to the high heavens.

Pig-pen_peanuts.png

i just throw elbows like regardless of the situation. Too smelly? elbows. Too many people around? elbows.

I like this tactic.

I might use it as my price negotiating move, as well.

"That price is too high!" *throws elbow*.

i just throw elbows like regardless of the situation. Too smelly? elbows. Too many people around? elbows.

Holy shiznit...

I just took the A train uptown. I am used to the homeless riding the NYC subways by now and am used to the drunks and crackheads. However, this guy had a body odor smell that was so bad I had to cover press my nose with my thumb as I covered my mouth with my hand to breathe through the fingers. It was the kind of smell that makes you want to strip and bathe the minute you enter the door when you get home.

There is no excuse for poor personal hygiene. Ladies and gentlemen... please for the love of God... clean every crevice.

And yes... I do throw elbows on the subway to the transplant hipsters that refuse to move or do not understand the concept of walking to your right.

Holy shiznit...

I just took the A train uptown. I am used to the homeless riding the NYC subways by now and am used to the drunks and crackheads. However, this guy had a body odor smell that was so bad I had to cover press my nose with my thumb as I covered my mouth with my hand to breathe through the fingers. It was the kind of smell that makes you want to strip and bathe the minute you enter the door when you get home.

There is no excuse for poor personal hygiene. Ladies and gentlemen... please for the love of God... clean every crevice.

And yes... I do throw elbows on the subway to the transplant hipsters that refuse to move or do not understand the concept of walking to your right.

You're so angry......I like it

1 minute ago, Greatness said:

Buzz got some bee in his bonnet because I posted something about Collectorz.  I felt their pricing was duplicitous. He's spent a week beating a dead horse. Now I'm going to beat all of his horses.

Well he has been here a while so it’s a full herd...good luck?