• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dark days for the CGC Highly dissappointed....

83 posts in this topic

I submitted a JLA #7 which was a sure 9.4 or above. Nice corners flat glossy clean and tight! It is really a beautiful representation of this comic! I saw when it was finally graded it was 9.0. I paused and my heart was broken, I called the office and asked them for the grading notes and they said the only thing they found was the 3 tiny creases which are barley noticeable on the bottom left corner (see the picture)! This is ridiculous!! That flaw was the only reason why it was a 9.0, I have seen books that look worse than this that get 9.4's even 9.6's!! CGC is bias and only looks to benefit itself and the companies it works with. I shake my head in disgust at the level of consideration for people who are just regular comic book collectors and how unfairly they are treated compared to the people who make money for CGC.

I'm sorry you got hit with sentimental grade shock,please show us a pic of said book front and back.All books are graded without knowledge of who owns the books,so your theory of bias holds no merit. (shrug)

I asked them for the grading notes and they said the only thing they found was the 3 tiny creases which are barley noticeable on the bottom left corner (see the picture)! This is ridiculous!! That flaw was the only reason why it was a 9.0, I have seen books that look worse than this that get 9.4's even 9.6's!!

Unfortunately, the flaw you described, 3 tiny creases on one corner is usually an automatic 9.0 . It doesn't matter how nice the book is otherwise. There are many 9.0's out there that look like 9.6's with some realtively minor flaw. Conversely, there are many 9.6's that look terrible but simply don't have, what CGC considers, a major flaw. CGC did not pick on you nor do they cater to the big submitters. They have their standards and stick to them.

Trust me, I am sympathetic, but it is what it is, and it sounds like a 9.0 .

they said the only thing they found was the 3 tiny creases which are barley noticeable on the bottom left corner (see the picture)!

CGC hammers barley creases. They are much more forgiving of rye creases.

I submitted a JLA #7 which was a sure 9.4 or above. Nice corners flat glossy clean and tight! It is really a beautiful representation of this comic! I saw when it was finally graded it was 9.0. I paused and my heart was broken, I called the office and asked them for the grading notes and they said the only thing they found was the 3 tiny creases which are barley noticeable on the bottom left corner (see the picture)! This is ridiculous!! That flaw was the only reason why it was a 9.0, I have seen books that look worse than this that get 9.4's even 9.6's!! CGC is bias and only looks to benefit itself and the companies it works with. I shake my head in disgust at the level of consideration for people who are just regular comic book collectors and how unfairly they are treated compared to the people who make money for CGC.

Do you have any pictures of the comic you submitted?

CGC graders don't even know who's comic they are grading so how are they able to know whether the book is from a "regular collector" or "the people who make money for CGC" when the book is identified by only a bar code?

Is it possible that you just can't grade?

(shrug)

Welcome to the boards. Sorry to hear about your disappointment, many of us

have had disappointing submissions and it stings like a skunk down the nose.

Suggesting that CGC down-graded your books because you're not a big dealer

won't fly. There are many of us small fry who've submitted a few books and got

very pleasing grades. More likely you don't understand how CGC grades and

what defects they punish and how much.

I call shill, this type of post has occured before it's like freaking deja vu.

they said the only thing they found was the 3 tiny creases which are barley noticeable on the bottom left corner (see the picture)!

CGC hammers barley creases. They are much more forgiving of rye creases.

lol

Shiller Shiller Chicken Killer

123573.jpg.3208e1ceee331f8da42b4d0256433564.jpg

This guy originally posted this little rant in the Journals section along with the following pic. He doesn't mention if he cracks the book out of the slab to take the picture of the corner in question, but I find it odd he had a photo of just this corner ready to go prior to sending the book to CGC. I'm a little OCD and keep a photo record of every book I own (mainly for insurance reasons), but not of every corner... (shrug)

Me thinks, "Strange things are afoot at the Circle K..."

10835.jpg