• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Son's Birthday Cake 2012. Photo Heavy...sorry.

69 posts in this topic

Fantastic. I can't help but think there is a market for cakes that look this good.

My thoughts exactly. People would pay good money for edible creations like that. :applause:

The cake festivities are finished. It was pretty hilarious, usually the kids tear into all the "props". Not this time, everybody just kind of sat there and looked at it. My son wasn't touching that thing with a ten foot pole. I tried my best to get him to bite into the brains so I could get a picture but he wasn't having any part if it.

My wife broke the ice by taking the first taste and eventually the kids came around, but not with their usual fervor.

I have to admit there was something very wrong with watching them pick at the insides of his head.

The blood didn't work out as well as we'd hoped, the modeling chocolate was just glassy, the blood wouldn't set right on it...however that did make for a wonderful little "accident" with the brain. In that case the blood worked out splendidly.

I'll post some pics in a bit.

Thanks everybody for the very nice comments.

The cake festivities are finished. It was pretty hilarious, usually the kids tear into all the "props". Not this time, everybody just kind of sat there and looked at it. My son wasn't touching that thing with a ten foot pole. I tried my best to get him to bite into the brains so I could get a picture but he wasn't having any part if it.

My wife broke the ice by taking the first taste and eventually the kids came around, but not with their usual fervor.

I have to admit there was something very wrong with watching them pick at the insides of his head.

The blood didn't work out as well as we'd hoped, the modeling chocolate was just glassy, the blood wouldn't set right on it...however that did make for a wonderful little "accident" with the brain. In that case the blood worked out splendidly.

Aww man. You guys suck. :baiting::grin:

Aww man. You guys suck. :baiting::grin:

I second that emotion.

:baiting::whee:

J/K everything looks great and you both did a great job. :applause:

Absolutely spectacular. That is one lucky boy and you, sir, married one heck of a woman. Felt like I was watching an artist at work in a Rick Baker studio as she was putting together the tasty treat.