• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official "Prometheus" Thread

1,637 posts in this topic

Finally saw this.

meh so-so 2.5 stars

One major plot hole and one (shrug) (spoilers if there is anyone slower than me seeing this film) lol

My wtf moment was: how did that little squid get so big in just a few hours?

What/who did it eat?

:screwy:

And what was the motivation behind the one guy being feed the goo?

Just for sheets and giggles or what?

Regarding the squid (I assume you're referring to Shaw's baby), I'm not sure if you saw the first pair of Alien films, but those little guys grow big quickly. Perhaps some grow quickly in a matter of days, and for others perhaps it takes hours. We don't know.

Regarding the one guy being fed the goo, are you referring to Dr. Halloway's glass being spiked by David with the black liquid, or the engineer at the beginning ingesting the black liquid?

I'm not sure if you saw the first pair of Alien films, but those little guys grow big quickly.

But they were eating stuff (people). Zero food means you can't grow.

Maybe it found some snickers bars stashed away in the med lab. :D

Dr. Halloway's glass being spiked by David with the black liquid,

I know the robot didn't have free will so he (it) was following his programing but why would the old guy do that? Didn't he want to get home or have his daughter or the others get home? Surely he must have known if Halloway became ill it might have spread to everyone on the ship. Or in this case become a monster and kill everyone on the ship. (:

The chest burster in Alien grows massively without ingesting any 'food'

Well I was only like 12 or 13 when I saw that one and I was too busy trying not to pee my pants to think about the plot if I recall... lol

And I figure that one had free run on a huge ship so it must have found some food in a cargo hold or something.

This squid thingy was locked in a tiny med room for the whole day.

The screenplay does state that one of the rooms that they search did contain food storage lockers.

INT. PASSAGEWAY - "B" LEVEL

Parker and Dallas lead.

Armed with flamethrowers.

They descend from companionway.

Suddenly both tracking devices beep frantically.

Sound of rending metal up ahead.

The move forward cautiously.

DALLAS

It's in that food locker.

INT. FOOD STORAGE LOCKER NUMBER 12 - "B" LEVEL

Charred wreckage.

Packages have been ripped to shreds.

Foodstuffs scattered over the floor.

Carefully, they poke through the smouldering garbage.

RIPLEY

We didn't get him.

DALLAS

This is where he went.

On the wall, a ventilator grill has been ripped open.

They move to the shredded ventilator.

Shine their lights inside the shaft.

I love this topic!!!

https://uk.yahoo.com/movies/ridley-scott-updates-us-on-prometheus-2-and-blade-98235330841.html

While he may be in the midst of pre-production on ‘The Martian’, starring Matt Damon, work on the second ‘Prometheus’ movie is also well underway.

“Right now, as we speak, it’s being written,” he says. “I’ve had 15 drafts evolving. I definitely want to do that again because I really enjoyed doing ‘Prometheus’.

He is sanguine about the mixed reaction to the first prequel, about which many negative comments revolved around the lack of recognizable monsters from the original.---> goes on quite a bit :)

every time I read something about Aliens it seems Fox is rapping it all together

with the comics to get to something I cant figure out

Looking forward to the new Prometheus if it meshes into Newt history

Some one may have to draw up a time line this is getting complicated

:)

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/website/interviews/christopher-golden/