• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official "Prometheus" Thread

1,637 posts in this topic

I loved the movie (as I've stated before). It felt to me like an old fashioned Sci Fi movie only done with better effects and filmography (and acting).

I'm hoping that the sequel answers some questions raised in the first movie.

I loved the movie (as I've stated before). It felt to me like an old fashioned Sci Fi movie only done with better effects and filmography (and acting).

Me too. Loved it.

Me too. Loved it.

Same.

Prometheus had problems, but I was engaged and am ready for round two.

I also loved it. The plot may have had its weaknesses, but it was gorgeously designed and photographed. Scott is still one of the best shooters around. I actually paid to see this, twice, in IMAX, which isn't something I really do much these days. I don't really go for 3D, but this movie was stunning. Can't wait for more.

IScott is still one of the best shooters around.

The guy is a giant when it comes to directing. There are some movies I will see simply based on who worked on the film. Some names just have enough cache to draw me to the film.

Ridley Scott is one of those names.

Guy Pearce is another.

Leonardo DeCaprio is another.

I agree with all the last posts. The film had some problems and some elements I wished had been further fleshed out; but, quite frankly, if Scott had marketed the movie as a disjointed collage of special effects that included a landing on a distant planet and a first contact with an alien species I would have happily ponied up my cash. Scott is that good, and the film was an ocular feast. I'm looking forward to the sequel.

Me too. Loved it.

I concur.

I enjoyed Prometheus, and some memorable screenplay moments:

FIFIELD: Look, I'm just a geologist! I like rocks! I love rocks! Now it's clear you two don't give a sh** about rocks. But what you do seem to care about is gigantic dead bodies, and I don't really have anything to contribute in the gigantic dead body arena!

Looking forward to picking up where the story left off.

The idea of an alien race actually using the Xenomorph to advance their technology is perfect and it's exactly what Weyland Co. would do if they had the chance. There's a reason there is an iconic image of the Alien in the Engineer's facility. If I were part of a race that could terraform planets, hyper-sleep and expand throughout the cosmos thanks to an alien creature I would probably kneel before its image too. But poor characters development and some shaky dialogue were something even David couldn't fix. Also It's not easy to create a female lead worth a damn and this film proves it.